Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

Where is everyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

Where is everyone? - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 3:36 pm

Thanks, sassybites! I have a lot of work to do on this shop, as I do on my Dog shops to get back to the point I was at on Cafe PRess. . .whew. . .

Very kind of you to look through the designs.

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaggieRossDogs.com
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing fine and getting some donots!!! Where is everyone? - Page 3 187714

Boy, I sure can't believe how much better I'm doing at Zazzle than I was at CP. I'm so glad it's not the other way around. Shocked

Tomorrow is my hubby's 65th birthday, but we won't do too much, maybe a nice dinner. I keep telling him he's now just entering the prime of his life. Smile

Pop in here and say hi when you can and let us know what you're all up to.

We're in the upper 90's here, and the good old Mississippi humidity.... need I say more...

Laurie
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:07 am

I´ll have to tell my husband there´s actually someone older than him - he´ll be 64 July 29th All the best to yours - and I´ll drink to his next 65! lol!

Our weather has been miserable - not too cold, but not much sun and lots of rain. Which is a shame because our kids are off on holiday tomorrow. They rented an appartment on the coast, and with two small kids a rainy holiday can be a major PITA ...

I´ve been taking a break from re-doing our websites after my pc died, and continued filling up my Zazzle stores (still have soooo much stuff to go in, even after being there over a year now ...). I´ve mostly re-designed the old stuff. Get´s too boring otherwise.

I´ve emptied my last remaining CP shop, and deleted the images (well, apparently there´s still postage and camisoles with my images on so I couldn´t delete all - but as those were lousy designs anyway who cares ...) I shall wait to close it until my last cheque is on the way in July - the shop is paid until August 10th, and I don´t want to give CP a chance to hit me with mysterious fees ...

Apart from that I´m at work atm, not very motivated as the company I work for bought a competitor the beginning of this year. That means they will eventually close this place - where I´ve been working 16 yrs now, and which is a convienient 10 min away from home, reachable by train which runs every 30 min with a 5min walk to the station from our house and the same here - and we´ll have to go work at the "new" place. That is unconvieniently three times as far from where I live, with the same distance to the station, but a train that only runs once an hour. Which means getting up earlier, and coming home later. Also we don´t know who will be asked to leave, as obviously all positions will be filled double. We´ll see.

Roll on 2017 - I´ll be able to retire then (and have all the time in the world for Zazzle Very Happy )

Hilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.tshirt-total.com
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:13 pm

That's sad you have to change your place of business, Hilly. I'm not good with changes at all.

You're 57 and your hubby is 64, I'm 58 and mine is 65. Same years apart from our husbands. Smile

I finally figured out my Zazzle check and matched stores to the amount. Zazzle beats my CP donots about 5 to 1. I still have my shops up until they are due, and I'll HAVE to remember so they don't pull a funny and renew it without me remembering.

Back to work...

Where is everyone? - Page 3 187714

Laurie
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:50 pm

That´s funny! How long have you been married? We had 39 yrs on May 30th.

I am keeping my empty shop at CP until the cheque is on it´s way - after the stunts they pulled lately I don´t trust them with anything! And I have a note stuck to my monitor: close CP shop befor August 11th - just to make sure Very Happy

I have some more work coming - we had to format my c:\ drive today (something wrong with windows and it wouldn´t repair ...), so I have all the work I did re-installing over the past two weeks all over again ... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.tshirt-total.com
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:39 pm

We had our 40th anniversary in January. My sister's is next month and I customized a Keepsake box from CP and a card at GCU. Same design, but the card is a lot lighter.

Good luck with all the work on your computer. Rolling Eyes

Laurie
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:17 am

I've been around. I'm so busy with my yard and pool area right now, it's just crazy. I'm pressure washing EVERYTHING so it all looks like new for my potential buyers.

I wrote a big long thing here yesterday, but when I went to post it, the screen went white. I came back later and it was okay, but my post never made it.
*sighs*

My kid has gone to the beach with some friends for the weekend, so all seems very quiet around here. It seems strange. I hope she's having fun. I remember my big trip with friends after graduation...... I'm sure glad she is a better kid than I was or I'd be worried! LOLOLOLOLOL

Anyway, got to get back to work outside before it gets any hotter! Have a great weekend!
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:52 am

I was one of the good kids in high school, and I went to Santa Catalina with a friend after graduation, and just being away from eyes of the family kind of brings out the "lets give it a try" attitude. lol! Guess it's just normal.

Will your daughter have a hard time adjusting in Belize without her friends?

Have a good weekend, everyone.

Laurie
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:25 pm

Nah, she only has one friend here that she really cares about, and she goes away to college so is gone most of the year. During the summer next year, she can come stay with us for a few weeks. Ariel is super outgoing and will quickly make new friends. It was actually her that really pushed the issue about wanting to leave. She's ready for some adventure!

She has been texting me. She wishes I was there with her. I guess the other 3 girls she's with are arguing about everything and making her crazy. She doesn't care what they do as long as they would stop wasting all their time arguing about what to do next. LOL Got to love it when she'd rather hang out with mom! LOLOLOLOLOL She tells me that she would have had more fun if she and I had gone, EVERY trip she has ever taken......her trip to New York, her trip to Europe, her stay at a dude ranch and several trips she has made with other friends to the beach (about 3 hours away). She and I do travel very well together and we are just a "couple of girls" when we do go places. If I was her age, and I wasn't her mom, she and I would have been really good friends. I think we are pretty good friends anyway. I always get really pissed at her when she makes me have to be a "Mom" to her and lay down the law. Thank God that hasn't happened much in her life. She's a pretty good kid.
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:51 pm

How is everyone? Very busy I know. bounce

Looks like July is just going to be slow all month. Wonder how Christmas will be at Zazzle?

Bambi, if you're here... when are you leaving?

Hope everyone's well and making sales.

Laurie
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:38 pm

I'm still around.

Yeah, sales haven't been great for me at Zazzle, but doing okay at other places.

I'll be leaving as soon as this house is sold. Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later. I am so ready to be out of here.

I hope everyone is doing good.

(((hugs))) to all!
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:23 am

Hi, Everyone!

I check back in every-so-often. . .but of course, lots of time being spent setting up other shops out there.

Hugs to all. . .

Bambi, I've got your blog bookmarked and look forward to posts from the grand beyond. . .

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:42 am

I'd like a link to Bambi's blog to see what's up, too.

Laurie
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:57 am

http://buildingparadise.wordpress.com/

Bambi's Blog !!!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:21 am

Thanks, Ann! Where is everyone? - Page 3 187714
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 2:44 pm

Awwww!
*blushes*
I have been working on making some money with my miniatures this last week. As of tomorrow I get back to work trying to get all this crap either packed, sold, trashed or given away. I wanna get out of here so bad, but the wheels are moving SLOWLY!!! I was hoping to already be there. Wish I could just hit the lottery, and I would be! LOL
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:22 pm

Do you have any estimate on your time to leave? 2 mo., 6 mo., year?

Will the time of year make a difference in your travel to get there?

I'm going to live vicariously through you, I'm here in MS in the same little town for the last 28 years... I need a life so I'll just go with you. flower
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Like I said, we were hoping to already be there....just waiting for this house to sell....the day after it does and it "closes", I'll be on my way! My heart is already there! LOL
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 5:58 pm

Sorry I have not been around, would you believe I could not get in.... I was locked out of my own party...

Forgot my password Embarassed Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://creative-minds.forumotion.com
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 7:20 am

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:27 am

sassybites wrote:
You won't be laughing when you find out how brain dead I can be when it comes to learning a new POD. Poor Hilly has pulled me through some things at PF I thought I'd never figure out, bless her heart. This is my Zazzle store: http://www.zazzle.com/darqfire

*LOL* Those designs are brilliant !!!! Love them, very cute

Should be able to sell those easily once people find you

Speaking of that anyone use google base feed from their zazzle shops. Seems to be a right pain compared to cafepress
Back to top Go down
https://creative-minds.forumotion.com
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 8:45 am

I've just decided to let Zazzle do my feeds. I have several shops at Z and I don't even want to spend the time trying to figure out how to do it. I think Z does feeds every couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is everyone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: General Chat :: General Chat -