Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

Where is everyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
felidae52

felidae52

Where is everyone? - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:43 am

sassybites wrote:
felidae52 wrote:
I´ve been running around at home with a chicken with no head,
You're hanging out with a strange crowd Hilly. lol!

Yep - always have done. One crazy old grandma here Cool
sayybites wrote:
I'll send the baby pics when you're on your new computer, it sounds like it's going to be a super-machine. I can't wait to hear how you like it.

I asked our Justin to get me a dual core processor, a super duper graphic card to match, at least 2GB RAM, extra cooler and a new power supply to match - should make me happy Very Happy

sassybites wrote:
I went in to Zazzle tonight and it made me dizzy. The first thing I have to do is decide on a layout style and find out how to create that column of sections within one store. I suspect that's going to be CSS and HTML.

I created a thread where I collected all the customizing trick and tuts (Bradley from Saga Shirts is at Zazzle and has been sharing a lot of his knowledge) here: http://forum.zazzle.com/advanced/all_the_tips_and_tricks_in_one_place - purely selfish reasons, I was tired of looking for the stuff I needed all the time Razz ! It´s stickied as well for easy reference. I´ve only customized two Z stores so far:
http://www.zazzle.com/felidae52 and http://www.zazzle.com/hobbytees

And once you get the hang of it it´s easy. Best thing is open a test store, fiddle about with the XHTML and CSS, the copy & paste.

Looking forward to the pics! Liam is getting to be a little terror, and Shania is adorable - I´ll try to make some photos when they visit next.

Hilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.tshirt-total.com
sassybites

sassybites

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:49 am

Thank you Hilly, I'm on my way to study and learn. Smile Can't wait to see pics of the kids!
Back to top Go down
http://www.spreesunlimited.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:09 am

Hilly: Sounds like you are making a Mac! LOLOLOLOLOL

Well, the house went through. I have the check, and in a little bit here I am on my way to the bank, and then what feels like a thousand other places! I hopefully will be done around 1 or 2 my time....but what condition I'll be in is anyones guess. LOLOLOLOL

At 4:00 yesterday evening, I had to run over to the house to meet with the Realtor about the keys. The guy buying it had already broken into the house at 9 am and had several teams over there working. UGH! That jerk is striping that house! He ripped out the hot tub, porch swing, gazebo in back...just everything. The poor house looked so violated. It made me sad. A landscaper had lived in it the last 5 years, and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!! Now it looks naked.

I'll tell you, when I sell this house, I have to leave for Belize THAT DAY!!! I couldn't stand to see 17 years of HARD work being destroyed!
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 7:39 am

I'm glad you got the check, Bambi. That must really hurt to see the house looking like that.

I'm a few years older than you, but you make me feel really tired thinking of all the things you have to do. You sound like you have so much energy. bounce
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Hilly thanks for the links some nice shops you have there to.........

I will look through those tips
Back to top Go down
https://creative-minds.forumotion.com
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:22 pm

Hilly, thanks from me, too, for the link to the TIPs - can't wait to get into it!! Oh, if I could have my shops looking like yours. . .sigh!

Bambi, so glad your closing is over with. . .too bad you had to go back and see the rental house all stripped and violated. . . I agree about leaving THAT DAY for Belize. . .isn't it something how other people have ideas so different from our own about what constitutes a dream home?

We've been getting SO MUCH rain here in south FL. . .although not nearly as much as central FL is getting. . .but today we had a humongous downpour that came out of the southeast and the ceiling in my Cabana Room started leaking again. . .tsk. . .tsk. . .

It must be that rain and wind ONLY COMING FROM THAT QUARTER cause problems. . .two years ago I had a $14,000.00 repair job done there because there was a huge leak coming from a set back balcony on the 2nd floor above that ceiling. . .then last year it leaked again, but from a different angle and it cost me $550.00 for recaulking the stucco expansion joints between first and second floor which was letting water in - again between the first and 2nd floor right above that ceiling . . . and now AGAIN !!

Good thing I happened to be over there watching TV (on a break from my uploading / product design) when the downpour hit !!!!

Have NO IDEA what this new leak will bring, but the fellows who do my repairs are coming tomorrow. They are very responsible builders. . .my house is just devious and clever in its idiosyncrasies. Rolling Eyes

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaggieRossDogs.com
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 11:40 pm

Bambi's Designs wrote:
Hilly: Sounds like you are making a Mac! LOLOLOLOLOL

lol! Wouldn´t know how to work with one of those ....
But I´m getting a lot more than I asked for: A quad core processor, don´t ask me for the graphic card but it´s one of the fastest, 4GB RAM, a terrabyte harddrive and a new case thrown in for nothing. (insert happy dance). As our son works for a pc vendor as a techie he gets the parts cheap, so the whole lot is costing me about $230 Very Happy

I feel for you regarding the house - we went through that when we left our house to move into an appartment when there was just two of us left. Crying or Very sad

@all: Don´t thank me for the link - I gathered the info for purely selfish reasons Laughing
And thanks for the compliments about the shops - I didn´t really do very much to make them look that much. And if I hadn´t the purple crayon guide handed out by Bradley I couldn´t have done it.

clown Hilly
Back to top Go down
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:54 am

Phew, everyone is so busy!!! It's been a great read catching up with all that you're doing. Shocked (great to hear you have your computer probs sorted Hilly. Know how you feel, after moving to the UK from Spain mine had a total meltdown, bought a new one)

At the moment I feel like I'm juggling with 100 balls and don't want to drop any of them *BIG SIGH*

But I'm starting to tick a few things off the to do list (small things mind). I seem to keep running off at a tangent Rolling Eyes

But so far I have 4 shops at Zazzle (all need more designs)

I've revamped website no 1 (still needs more content)

Website no 2 has had a facelift (it hadn't been touched for a year)and has a new blog

I've blogged (did you see the PICTURE PIE review CREW???)

The design directory has earned two small referal fees!!! (that's a start)

I have a half written affiliate beginners tutorial (must finish it this week or Crew will send round the heavies! Embarassed )

I've had a busy week with hubbies business Crying or Very sad That stops me playing with mine cos he earns more money.

And somewhere I found time to breathe in all this LOL. Very Happy

@Ann
My Specialeetees website is hosted with webs.com. they do free sites, have some great templates, the whole thing is built very easily without HTML if you want. If you buy your own domain name through them (cost me $39 for two years if I remember right) you automatically get upgraded to premium member status at no extra charge (No advertising on your site and I pay zero monthly fees), You should check them out. Very Happy

Hopefully this coming week will free me up a little more (ha until I come up with some more bright ideas LOL) Laughing

Oh and nearly forgot sold my first TSHIRT at Zazzle yesterday, so thats 25 items there this month, not bad for 3 weeks or so, I'm impressed! cheers bounce

Where is everyone? - Page 2 187714 To you all!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.specialeetees.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:02 am

Laurie- LOL I don’t know how much energy I have, but it’s amazing what we can do when we have to! I have a poster of a white sand beach with palm trees hanging out towards the blue ocean, and I have had it framed and hanging on my wall in my living room. It helps me stay focused and to “Keep my eye on the prize”….it’s sort of my proverbial carrot, if you will. It reminds me of what I am working for and when I can’t go on any more, I can see it and push myself a little harder.

Ann- Yeah, silly people. They should know that when I create a “dream home” it doesn’t need fixing!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL

The guy that does the work on my house calls it “the house from hell”… of course he is joking. Roofs are such a pain in the attic! LOL I need a tiny bit of work done on mine as well. We have raccoons that like to pull the shingles off. UGH!

Hilly- Now your computer is REALLY starting to sound like mine! You’ll love the extra power and speed. You are so lucky to have someone that can do that for you!

To all-
I have another busy day today, but then I think I'm taking a day or two to myself before I hit it hard again.

I wish everyone LOTS of sales!!!!

Where is everyone? - Page 2 187714 Where is everyone? - Page 2 187714 Where is everyone? - Page 2 187714

*takes a deep breath and is off running again*
Back to top Go down
happylab

happylab

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:19 am

Hi to all!
Hope everybody is OK.

For me, I have a little break now. So far, I feel like it's tougher for me to make sales at Zazzle. I won't give up, though, I target Christmas seriously.

Just a quick note. I love you

Happy selling!! Where is everyone? - Page 2 187714
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:43 am

Yes, I think it's all about Christmas. I'm going to be working on my shops really hard.
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:33 pm

Bambi's Designs wrote:

Hilly- Now your computer is REALLY starting to sound like mine! You’ll love the extra power and speed. You are so lucky to have someone that can do that for you!

It´s here! Haven´t tried anything yet because I have to re-install a lot of my programs. But it´s more than I ever expected:

CPU = QuadCore AMD Phenom X4 9650, 2300 MHz (11.5 x 200)
Graphic = nVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (2GB)
RAM = 4GB DDR-2

Can you tell I´m over the moon ? bounce Now hurry up the weekend so I can try out my new graphic tablet!

clown Hilly

PS It´s great if you haven´t checked your e-mail for five days - you get lots of "You made a sale" notifications Where is everyone? - Page 2 187714

Last edited by felidae52 on Thu May 28, 2009 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Congrats Hilly! Smile
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 1:36 pm

sassybites wrote:
Congrats Hilly! Smile

TY - I´ll mail you tonite or tomorrow, took some great pics on Wednesday!

Cool Hilly
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:19 am

Just thought I'd stick my head in and say HI! I have been so busy with shops and packing and buying some of the supplies for our restaurant that we won't easily be able to get there, I haven't had any time to stop in here.

I did want to report though, that even though my first month sales at Zazzle were no where near what I got used to at CP, I did some checking, and I had been at CP for 4 months before I made what I did at Zazzle in my first month. That makes me feel a lot better!!!

So, with that in mind, on ward and upward .....and back to making designs! LOL
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Yeah I made sales a lot quicker than I did at CafePress
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 am

Sorry I haven´t been popping in - I´m having too much fun trying out the graphic tablet. Also I can finally play a game that´s been in my drawer for years because it refused to work on my old pc. Laughing

Sales have been steadily getting more again. And I´m another one that had sales much quicker at Zazzle than when I started at CP way back when. Took me four months there - and about a week at Zazzle.

I´ve been busy deleting sections and images at CP, getting ready for the final countdown. I don´t want to sell any more there, so there´s no hassle about money owed when I leave in August. (They are certaily not having anything they can keep for mysterious "fees", I want the August cheque and then close the shop!).

I have also been busy re-doing our five websites (I failed to re-install the programme I used to make them with, the CD is missing and I only have an older version of it which is fine, but of course you just can´t downgrade the files ...).

Here´s to abusy month saleswise to all of you!

clown Hilly
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:17 am

Well, Ariel (my daughter) graduated High School last night. Whoo-hoo! Got that done! She wants to go to the mall today....guess we can do that. Now if she ever gets up........
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:21 am

Wow, Bambi, tell your daughter congratulations ! And, congrats to YOU, too. You did a good job, that's a major accomplishment to get her all the way through!

cheers Where is everyone? - Page 2 187714
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:35 am

Yeah well done to you both, so what does she want to do with the rest of her life... any plans ?
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:38 pm

Bambi's Designs wrote:
Well, Ariel (my daughter) graduated High School last night. Whoo-hoo! Got that done! She wants to go to the mall today....guess we can do that. Now if she ever gets up........

Congratulations to both of you! cheers
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:02 am

Congratulations to Ariel on her graduation. . .what a great milestone!

Warm greetings to everyone!

I've been busily involved in getting my Scottish Highland Dance shop up and running on Zazzle. . .amazing how much more quickly it seems to go now that I am somewhat familiar with the process.

Wish, though, that the posters, etc., were part of the Quick Product Add group. And what is with the two keyrings? Am I missing some key feature?

Ah, well, I am sure the process will continue to improve.

http://www.zazzle.com/MaggieRossDance

Will eventually also contain my Irish Step Dance and Greek Folk Dance shops from Cafe. . .

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:29 am

The shop looks great, Ann! I also wish we could do posters with the quick create.

I don't understand the double magnet, button and key chains, so I fit the image to one of each and delete the extra ones, stickers also.

I have sold posters, so they are worth the extra effort.
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:36 am

Thanks, Laurie!!

I DO use the extra magnet & button SQUARE versions. . .some of my designs contain "square versions" that I used to use at Cafe on the Tiles, etc., so I already have the designs made up.

And. . .I discovered a minute ago that once I've got the Quick Design in process, I can go back up to the top of the page and add "single products" like another mug (for my bumper sticker image) and another tie (to do either a tiled or centered design depending upon what I've already done with the initial design). . .etc.

So. . .continuing to discover subtle nuances of shop design at Zazzle. Very Happy

. . .and so, back at it!

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 1:24 pm

MaxMuhlin wrote:
Congratulations to Ariel on her graduation. . .what a great milestone!

Warm greetings to everyone!

I've been busily involved in getting my Scottish Highland Dance shop up and running on Zazzle. . .amazing how much more quickly it seems to go now that I am somewhat familiar with the process.

Wish, though, that the posters, etc., were part of the Quick Product Add group. And what is with the two keyrings? Am I missing some key feature?

Ah, well, I am sure the process will continue to improve.

http://www.zazzle.com/MaggieRossDance

Will eventually also contain my Irish Step Dance and Greek Folk Dance shops from Cafe. . .

Ann K.

Ann, these are gorgeous designs! The store looks wonderful. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is everyone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum