Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

Where is everyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
Laurie

Laurie

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:06 pm

Boy, it sure is quiet around here, guess everyone is busy with their shops.

Best to all !

Laurie Where is everyone? 187714
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:12 am

I was busy with my shops - until my pc suffered a cardiac arrest on Saturday Sad Our tech son built in a new power supply unit in for me the same day, it ran until last night and has now given up completely ...

I have to wait until tonight whether he has any ideas .... until then I can only use my pc here at work, which of course results in fewer posts.

Wearing black today and in deep mourning

Rolling Eyes Hilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.tshirt-total.com
sassybites

sassybites

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:09 pm

I'm here! I've been working hard at upgrading my PF stores and getting new things online. I had what I thought was a brilliant idea for creating one domain - leading to a separate domain for each store - then those domains would lead into the PF stores. Now I have to get 6 domains all spiffied up. Lots of images to create and copy to write. Not so sure that was a great idea now. LOL

In the middle of that I opened up a store at Zazzle. It has a product in it. Just one. Zazzle seems so confusing and I'm not sure what direction to go with it. I read forums and people talk about how they should have opened multiple stores, they should have organized from the start, they should have done this and that. I want to start out well organized so I don't have to go back and re-do it all, but I don't know how to do that.

Hilly, I'm sorry about your computer. You don't look good in black. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.spreesunlimited.com
Laurie

Laurie

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:40 pm

Sorry about your computer, Hilly. Hope you get it back running soon.

I have opened 8 stores on Zazzle, each one a niche, but one just has all my "whims" in it. I LOVE Zazzle.

I have a shop up at PF, but have never made a sale. Do you do well with PF, Sassybites?
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:49 pm

I've popped in and out while getting some more designs/products up in my Zazzle Shops.

Hilly. . .sorry to read about your defunct pc. Been there, commiserate totally. Hope you didn't lose any work. . . pale

Hi, Laurie. . .we were posting at the same time!!!

Sassy. . .I had one humongous store at CP. . .then began to branch out a bit last year when "section limits" were imposed although I was grandfathered in at 3,100 sections. . .I paint dogs, so I could branch out with, say: Terriers in one new shop; Toy Dogs in another new shop. . .etc. (my most populous design sections)

When forced to do something with my Zazzle shop (which has been 'sitting' for a long time. . .I decided to open a new shop for each breed of dog, rather than the "group" of dogs. . .so far I've managed to put designs into 5 different dog breed shops and one cat shop on Zazz.

Printfection has a lot of my Scottie designs uploaded and many of them are already on products there. . .

You see, I have over 6,000 designs. . .I have no idea what I was thinking. . .just kept creating and creating. . .75 or so breeds of dogs, holidays like Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, etc. all through the year. . .multiplied by 70 or so dogs for each holiday. . .doesn't take long to build.

At first. . .although it took 4 years overall.

But to RE-BUILD those sections at Zazzle and at Printfection when the enthusiasm of a "NEW design" is no longer there. . .well, I figure it will take me 20 years. . .and then, like Grandma Moses, I will be featured as the oldest designer/artist on the Internet.

LOL Very Happy LOL Very Happy

I do have a question for you, though: I downloaded a free program from Yahoo (where my Domain is hosted with UNLIMITED space for display) to design a website. . .got to work on it, doing something similar to what you have said you'd like to do. . .then BAM !! I got a notice that I had run out of space.

It said the website building program was limited to 69MB of space. . .

Phooey! They offer UNLIMITED hosting space, and then limit their freebie software to build that unlimited content to 69MB. . .

So, I guess I'll have to purchase a larger program to set up my planned website. . .do you (or, indeed, does ANYONE?) have any suggestions as to which website design program I should try?

My knowledge of HTML is limited to editing what I found in my Cafe Press Template. . .I can read pretty well what is there. . .and by experimentation, I found out which strings of code change the background and print colors, etc., so I guess what I am saying is: I'd like a drag & drop simplicity in a website designer, although I am capable of putting in links, etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Back to work!
Ann K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaggieRossDogs.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi y'all!

I've been in house HELL! Getting this reantal house sold without having to kill the new buyer has been a nightmare. I just now am coming back from closing, and am waiting for them (the buyers) to do their thing. They are supposed to be there at 3:00..... it's a little after 2:00 now. These people have been such a huge nightmare that I truly won't relax until I hear that my check is there, and I have cashed it!

Ann, I wish I knew something to help you, but without other people doing that kind of stuff for me, I would not have any internet presence at all! LOL I'm truly a blonde when it comes to that stuff.

Aww Hilly! That sucks about your computer! I hope it can be fixed!!!

I have been trying to get stuff in my shops when I have a few seconds here and there. I too have a shop on PF and have never sold a thing from it. I just opened my 7th shop at Zazzle and am waiting for my first two items to show up. I tried my hand at shoes. LOL They don't post as fast as other things. I did two pairs early this morning and they still aren't showing up.
*sigh*

Okay...now I'm starving! I think I will go forage for food.....stress does weird things to me. One minute the thought of food makes me ill, next I could eat a building. Go figure!
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:21 pm

I used to do really well with PF. Had many stores and many sales per day. I started with them 2.5 years ago and sales started about 3 months after. Then I ignored all my stores at PF and CP for 2 years and sales dwindled. What I'm doing now is condensing, reorganizing, and rebuilding at PF. You have to do your own promoting and advertising with PF because their marketplace .... well, it just stinks. That's why I just started a bunch of domains to help with my own promoting. I have plans for Squidoo and blogs and the other usual places to also promote. This is what I've started now: http://www.spreesunlimited.com

CP was a different story. I say "was" because I have completely shut down all my stores and left for good. I started with them in 2000 and had 9 years invested there, so I also had thousands of designs and products. I'll miss what CP used to be and what it could have become, but I can't deal with the constant stress CP was causing me.

Ann, I have never used an HTML editor. Did my first website in 1994, learned it all from scratch and have always hand-coded. Even used to do my own java scripts. People hated tables and frames and I loved them just because the coding was fun. I learned alot of CSS when I started with PF and it aroused my interest to the point where I ran to the bookstore and began learning more. Unfortunately I'm getting old and my brain disengages when I need it most. Which may explain why I look at Zazzle and get confused.

affraid
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:24 pm

Bambi's Designs wrote:
Okay...now I'm starving! I think I will go forage for food.....stress does weird things to me. One minute the thought of food makes me ill, next I could eat a building. Go figure!

Bambi, brick and mortar have very few nutrients, go for the chocolate cake! Smile
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:25 pm

Your spreesunlimited.com is beautiful, sassybites!!!

Bambi, I would say eating is much better than getting an ulcer. You'll be working off any weight you put on when you move to Belize. Smile

I got a TBA at Zazzle yesterday and they sent four emails with the same info. Does that make it extra special??? lol! I've never gotten a sale from a TBA.

Mexican Meatloaf for dinner, I add salsa and taco sauce. It's really good.

Where is everyone? 187714
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:35 pm

Thank you Laurie! What's a TBA from Zazzle? I'm assuming it's not a To Be Announced. I was really hoping that today somebody would buy the ONE tie I put in my Z Store last night.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:43 pm

A TBA is "Today's Best Award". puts a little ribbon next to your item in your shop. It's just for fun, I don't think it really means much.

I am making lots more sales at Zazzle than CP. I think you would benefit a lot to keep putting things in your shop, sassybites.

Did you try the Quick Create? That's what I use and it's really easy to put products into your shop.
Back to top Go down
Junkshoptees

Junkshoptees

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:48 pm

TBA is Today's Best that they feature on the front page. It took me a few minutes to figure out what it meant when i got there.

I've been trying to figure out what to do about my new off site that i've been trying to get for weeks now. I have to transfer domains but i don't want to close the off site that i have now because i put work into it and sometimes i hate to start over. But since the CP announcement, starting over is what i should get used to. I've decided not to transfer all of my designs from CP after going through my media basket, some just aren't suitable for Zazzle (they say it's more family friendly) I could've had much more done but the truth is that i'm being so lazy about all of this. It happened so quickly, but if i still want to earn some sort of income i know it's a must. No
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:51 pm

I have no idea what Quick Create is so I don't know if I used it or not. I'll do some more searching tonight and see what that is. I opened a store, used a basic, pre-made, template for the store. Then added a tie, uploaded a design, applied it to the tie, clicked to make it public, and waited for about 20 minutes to see it in my store. That was easy enough.

My biggest fear about using Zazzle is my store(s) being messy and unorganized. But I don't want to create a bunch of new email addys so I can open a bunch of new stores there. Is there a way, like with PF, where I can have several stores under one account?
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:32 pm

When you upload an image, and name it and put in your description, you then go to Products on the left tab by Images. Quick create is at the upper left corner, after you click it, you can choose what you want to put your image on, apparel, all products, etc. Then you add your image and then say either fill or fit the products with your image. Then you'll go to your products and you can adjust the sizes, the colors and take out what you don't want. It's pretty easy and fast once you get the hang of it.

Someone else could probably explain it a lot better.. bounce

Junkshoptees, I'm not moving all my stuff from CP, either. Lots of it I cringe at now. lol!
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:37 pm

That's a good explanation. I remember last night having to choose between fill and fit.

I've been surfing trying to find your stores but I keep getting lost in there. I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS ON THE : insert product here :: So I'm going to say CONGRATULATIONS ON THE TBA! Smile It may not be featured on the nightly news but just the fact that somebody liked it well enough to give you a TBA is really a great thing.
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:53 pm

I guess I haven't posted any of my shops, hmmm. Here are some of them, now DON'T laugh, they are simple and no extra HTML, just the basic templates, and all of my designs are REALLY SIMPLE, but the funny thing is, I do sell.

Squirrels & Birds

Zodiac

School

I have a few more that are still under major construction.
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:59 pm

These are beautiful stores! I love the products too, you're very creative! I've already warned you that when I was ready to start a Zazzle store, I was coming to you for help. Smile
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:00 pm

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:06 pm

You won't be laughing when you find out how brain dead I can be when it comes to learning a new POD. Poor Hilly has pulled me through some things at PF I thought I'd never figure out, bless her heart. This is my Zazzle store: http://www.zazzle.com/darqfire
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:10 pm

Ok, you have a shop and a product, keep it up! Put that image on some more products. I think Zazzle is much much better than PF once you get used to it. It's faster and I think a lot easier.

GO FOR IT ! Where is everyone? 187714
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:13 pm

I'm going to work on it tonight. One of the things I loved about CP was having products other than shirts to work with. I had no idea Z had so many products. It should be fun.
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 5:57 pm

Sorry I have not been around much I have been doing my day job ...

Wish my day job was selling my work..... one day eh Sad

Speaking of which my sales have stopped.... had nothing for ages

MaxMuhlin - I use a programme from Serif, webplus I think its called and its great. VERY easy to use and I am sure they have a free one somewhere
Back to top Go down
https://creative-minds.forumotion.com
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:18 pm

Thanks, Crew! I'll look it up.

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaggieRossDogs.com
felidae52

felidae52

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:43 pm

Well - after a long discussion with our tech son we decided it´s not worth trying to put new life into my old friend who´s been faithfully serving me for the past five or six years - it´s dead. Thankfully our Justin does pc fixing as a real job, so he got my list for parts (he gets them wholesale Very Happy ) and were building my dream pc. Probably have to wait ´till the weekend, but I´m excited to start working with a really top notch machine! I snapped up a cheap graphic tablet on Monday (cost me $25 new, I thought that was worth it to see if I can use them and then buy my dream machine, the Wacom Intuous when I have the $$$). So I´m dying to try that one out!

Thanks all for the condolences!

sassybites wrote:
Hilly, I'm sorry about your computer. You don't look good in black.

I know - but it does make me look thinner! At least now you know why I haven´t e-mailed you Very Happy

MaxMuhlin wrote:
Hilly. . .sorry to read about your defunct pc. Been there, commiserate totally. Hope you didn't lose any work. . .

No - harddrives are ok, it just doesn´t boot up. Thank God! Also I have gazillions of CD backups and a 500 GB external drive full with designs cyclops

Bambi´s Designs wrote:
Aww Hilly! That sucks about your computer! I hope it can be fixed!!!

Well, we´re performing a major operation and are replacing vital organs (mainboard, processor, graphic card, RAM). After that I should be able to work twice as fast!

I am sooo glad that I at least have a dayjob where I have internet connection - I´ve been running around at home with a chicken with no head, wondering how on earth I spent my time before I discovered POD ...

Sassy - you´ll adore Zazzle once you get into it. I thought I found my true love in PF, but I´m absolutely head over heels with Zazzle! You need help just drop me an e-mail - oh, wait .... Neutral

Hilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.tshirt-total.com
sassybites

sassybites

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:02 am

felidae52 wrote:
I´ve been running around at home with a chicken with no head,

You're hanging out with a strange crowd Hilly. lol!

I'll send the baby pics when you're on your new computer, it sounds like it's going to be a super-machine. I can't wait to hear how you like it.

I went in to Zazzle tonight and it made me dizzy. The first thing I have to do is decide on a layout style and find out how to create that column of sections within one store. I suspect that's going to be CSS and HTML.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Where is everyone? Vide
PostSubject: Re: Where is everyone?   Where is everyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is everyone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3 Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: General Chat :: General Chat -