Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Vide
PostSubject: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:25 am

Ok, yesterday John gave us a go to create some of our own "smiley" things. After a short discussion, it was decided we need something that is owr own for here......I came up with this little guy...
Photobucket

Now, if everyone here approves, could everyone make me a list of what "emotions" you'd like to see and/or express, and I will try to get started on them.

I know some of the basics such as:
excited
depressed
hugs
love
shocked

Y'all take it from there.
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:33 am

Mad at self

Mad at someone else (like CP)

Feeling sick
Back to top Go down
Junkshoptees

Junkshoptees

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:50 am

He's a handsome little brush and it would be nice to have our own custom smileys here, right on!
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 11:46 am

Junkshoptees wrote:
He's a handsome little brush and it would be nice to have our own custom smileys here, right on!
So make some suggestions as to what emotions you want to see.
Back to top Go down
Junkshoptees

Junkshoptees

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 10:39 pm

Oh what about one with big bright eyes (kind of like puss n boots when he does that cute look in shrek) with a halo? Looking at those eyes cheers me up every time.
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:43 am

Laurie wrote:
Mad at self

Feeling sick

Bambi, those were some of my ideas for emotions, not how I was feeling. lol!
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:01 am

Junkshoptees wrote:
Oh what about one with big bright eyes (kind of like puss n boots when he does that cute look in shrek) with a halo? Looking at those eyes cheers me up every time.

Ah....the oh so cute and innocent look. Got'cha ....it's added to the list.
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:02 am

Laurie wrote:
Laurie wrote:
Mad at self

Feeling sick

Bambi, those were some of my ideas for emotions, not how I was feeling. lol!

SuuuUUUUuuree they were.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:22 am

I'm in furniture hell right now. I'm having to sell most of my beautiful "Danish Modern" Teak furniture that was in my rental house cause imports on wood where we are moving are super high. It would be no problem cause these are awesome pieces, but come to find out, the guy I rented to, "loaned" some of the furniture to his son. Well, right now I have gotten most of it back, but it is really screwed up. Huge white rings on it...cigarette burns... even a Sea World bumper sticker on one of the pieces!!! And the list goes on. Yesterday I ran into the son while I was picking up a badly burned table.....Now keep in mind this guy is in his early 30's...not a little kid! Anyway, he proceeded to tell me it was all a bunch of F****ing junk anyway, and I was just being a F***ing B***h! Shocked affraid
I had just sold an end and was able to get up in his face and say, "Well, that piece of junk end table just sold for $400. How much are yours worth? Learn to show some respect, little boy!"

Guys, I can't tell you how much I wanted to knock the poop out of that smart mouth BRAT (don't care how old he is). I haven't felt like that since I was a kid! I channeled that anger and refinished 4 tables yesterday....3 of which I had sold by 7:30 last night. LOL Today I have to get a few more pieces and get the final finish on the last table.
THEN I swear I'll get on these little paint brushes. Sorry about the delay and my absence!
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:44 am

Bambi, that's TERRIBLE. That guy is a real @#%$^#$

Just take it easy, we can wait on the little guys, you have tons of stuff to do and it makes ME nervous thinking of all that you have to do. bounce

I'm serious about just waiting until you are all moved to Belize. Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" 187714
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:03 am

Laurie wrote:
Bambi, that's TERRIBLE. That guy is a real @#%$^#$

Just take it easy, we can wait on the little guys, you have tons of stuff to do and it makes ME nervous thinking of all that you have to do. bounce

I'm serious about just waiting until you are all moved to Belize. Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" 187714

Aww sweetie, it's no problem. I actually LOVE doing things like the paint brush. They are fun jobs with no pressure, and the way I like to relax. LOLOLOL I know most people want to get as far away from work as they can, but when I have free time, I normally just sit and draw for myself (both by hand and on computer) which is why I have so many little animations of Lil'D! LOL It's relaxation for me and I LOVE cartooning!!! It's just yesterday and last night I wore myself out. Today shouldn't be as bad, then tonight I might sit and play with a few animations while watching TV. I'll see how today goes.
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:15 am

I do understand that, Bambi, I'm the same, and I'm SOOOOO happy I have all my shops to help me get away and I truly enjoy every minute.

Something weird is going on this morning, I've had 5 donots from Zazzle already. ??? Not complaining, but it's unusual !!! My donots from Zazzle have passed my CP donots this month.

Have you put any cards in Greeting Card Universe? I've put some in, haven't sold any yet, and you sure don't get much, but it's another fun place I can work. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:33 am

No, I haven't seen that place. Hmmm.....I'll check it out.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only "crazy" one that likes to do work in their free time. LOL Art to me is an obsession..... and ANY art work, too!! I do all kinds of crafts, sewing, wood working, sculpting, miniatures....pretty much anything artsy/crafty. I have a huge portion of my house that is full of nothing but art/craft supplies. I HAVE to sell the stuff I make, draw or paint or there would be no room for people in my house! LOL It is truly an addiction for me. When people comment on it, I just tell them that thank God it's not drugs or booze that I am this addicted to! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Everyone teases me that I HAVE to have a gift shop in this Inn we are building, just for an outlet. They are just kidding....I'm thinking of all the cool stuff I could make to sell...including T-shirts, post cards, stickers, buttons and so on, with our logo on it. LOLOLOLOLOL I'm so bad!
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:41 am

I'm the same way, I started out with mosaics when I was young, then making ceramics and painting them, paint by numbers, wire art, then I got into oil painting and my walls are filled, I sold a few, but working on the computer and having stores is PERFECT. I can do as many designs I want, and HAVE A PLACE TO PUT THEM !!! Basketball And, make $$$

You should put in a gift shop. People really love that, especially since you'll have so many tourists.
Back to top Go down
Junkshoptees

Junkshoptees

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:30 am

I really don't understand what makes people act the way they do towards other people. When i hear or see disrespect like that, i give them the benefit of the doubt and think that maybe they have some mental thing going and forgot the meds that day. Mad
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:06 am

LOL

I'm just one of those people that when I borrow something from someone, they will be sure to get it back in the same condition (if not better) then when I borrowed it. I just don't "get" people. I just figure they never had anything nice, so don't know how to take care of it when they do. Just frustrates the snot out of me.
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:12 am

Bambi's Designs wrote:
I'm in furniture hell right now. . . . come to find out, the guy I rented to, "loaned" some of the furniture to his son. Well, right now I have gotten most of it back, but it is really screwed up. Anyway, he proceeded to tell me it was all a bunch of F****ing junk anyway, and I was just being a F***ing B***h! Shocked affraid

Oh, Bambi, so sorry. . . I CERTAINLY hope you had a security deposit from the father. . .

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaggieRossDogs.com
sassybites

sassybites

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:37 am

Bambi's Designs wrote:
I'm in furniture hell right now. I'm having to sell most of my beautiful "Danish Modern" Teak furniture that was in my rental house cause imports on wood where we are moving are super high. It would be no problem cause these are awesome pieces, but come to find out, the guy I rented to, "loaned" some of the furniture to his son. Well, right now I have gotten most of it back, but it is really screwed up. Huge white rings on it...cigarette burns... even a Sea World bumper sticker on one of the pieces!!! And the list goes on. Yesterday I ran into the son while I was picking up a badly burned table.....Now keep in mind this guy is in his early 30's...not a little kid! Anyway, he proceeded to tell me it was all a bunch of F****ing junk anyway, and I was just being a F***ing B***h! Shocked affraid
I had just sold an end and was able to get up in his face and say, "Well, that piece of junk end table just sold for $400. How much are yours worth? Learn to show some respect, little boy!"

Guys, I can't tell you how much I wanted to knock the poop out of that smart mouth BRAT (don't care how old he is). I haven't felt like that since I was a kid! I channeled that anger and refinished 4 tables yesterday....3 of which I had sold by 7:30 last night. LOL Today I have to get a few more pieces and get the final finish on the last table.
THEN I swear I'll get on these little paint brushes. Sorry about the delay and my absence!

Bambi, I'm also a lover of "Danish Modern" Teak furniture. If I had to leave mine behind, hubby would just have to go by himself. Let's go find that kid and I'll hold him down so you can "knock the poop" out of him. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.spreesunlimited.com
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:55 am

Bambi, that guy just sounds like such an idiot, I'm another that hates to see good things just wrecked and trashed like that. Braindead people! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.specialeetees.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:29 am

Oh My!! For anyone following my rental house sale saga, yesterday it got a whole lot more interesting. My renters were/are a man and a woman (Just friends) and right now they have another woman that got in a fight with her hubby, crashing on their couch. Yesterday I got a frantic call from the guy, screaming at me that I need to deal with these buyers. I was right in the middle of doing a paint brush for here, dropped everything and went running.

None of this would have been AS bad, if we hadn't had several incidents of the buyer and her lawyer on this property several times trying to remove property, and harassing my tenants about when they can be out. The house closes on the 26th, and they have been warned to STAY OFF of the property until they have the keys.

Well, turns out that the buyers Realtor had gotten permission for a insurance guy to come onto the property to take pictures of the outside of the house. At 10:00 yesterday morning the Realtor, the buyers lawyer and the buyer, used the Realtor key to enter the house WITHOUT KNOCKING while the women were sleeping, and walked INTO the back bedroom and woke up my tenant, then proceeded to try to hold a conversation with her! She went off on them and threw them out, and called the police. Needless to say, yesterday (which was going to be a relaxing day) became rather busy until late in the afternoon. I ended up spending the afternoon with two really freaked out women. UGH!!!!

This house is a fricken night mare! I'm going to be so glad when I no longer have to deal with it!! Can y'all believe this drama??? Shocked Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:45 am

I'm eating popcorn as I read you post, very uh entertaining..

Seriously, I can't wait until it all closes, Bambi. Just be careful, maybe take someone with you when you have to deal with anyone.
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 7:54 am

Eh....I'm not concerned. I'm a tough old woman and no petite flower! I'm 5'8" with big broad shoulders. I'm a good healthy "German" woman. LOL No one will screw with me. Never have, doubt they ever will. I look like I could be scary.....no one needs to know I'm a big baby inside. LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:08 am

Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" 187714 Do you have a specific date you're going to Belize? What about cars? How will you get there?
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:13 am

No exact date yet. It depends on the sale of the house I live in. Yes, we are shipping 2 cars with us, and we aren't sure if we are going by ship or air yet. Our issue is animals. We are traveling with a large amount of them, so are checking several options.
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:47 am

Do the animals have to be quarantined?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"   Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting a new topic for those that missed the birth of the "paint brush"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2 Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: General Chat :: General Chat -