Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

The *sigh* thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:17 pm

Thanks, Hilly. . .

I just had to walk away. . .that is why I am here playing Very Happy

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaggieRossDogs.com
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 4:32 pm

Sad That's very sad, Ann.
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 9:15 pm

11:15PM - and I'm finally back to the point at which I hit the CLEAR button !! Saved all of it and will now rest my weary fingers. . . Very Happy. . .

See you all on Thursday!

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:31 am

I hate doing that and have done it more times than I care to tell you (or admit to)! Nothing like wasting time to do something you already did once. Rolling Eyes

You get lots of sympathy here!
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 7:49 am

I think it's just part of the game to do stuff like that. pale I hate those horrible pit in the stomach feelings.

Glad you got back to where you were, Ann.
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:06 am

I just now did the same thing.....not as bad (Thank God) but one of those "brain fart" (as I call them) moments. I created a really cool business card design last night. I loaded it up this morning and got all the text the way I wanted it on the front (took me an hour to get it just right)...then, rather than click to do the back, my finger twitched to "add to cart".
Rolling Eyes Sad
Do overs.....

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:20 am

Sorry about your "do over" Bambi. Rolling Eyes The *sigh* thread - Page 2 187714
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:20 am

LOL Thanks Laurie. At least mine wasn't nearly as bad as poor Ann's. My point was more that we all do stupid stuff like that, and it's so frustrating....and every one of us can relate! Rolling Eyes

I miss the little smilie with the hammer beating the other over the head! Pretend I put him there. LOL
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:22 am

WOW....I just noticed I had 199 posts. I'm posting this to get to an even 200! lol! The *sigh* thread - Page 2 187714
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:35 am

Bambi's Designs wrote:
WOW....I just noticed I had 199 posts. I'm posting this to get to an even 200! lol! The *sigh* thread - Page 2 187714

YOU WON 1,000,000,000 DONOTS!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:47 am

Laurie wrote:

YOU WON 1,000,000,000 DONOTS!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
OH THANK GOD!!!!! I'm off to a REALLY slow start at Zazzle and my sales from CP have all but dried up...just a few obscure things that have never sold before. The *sigh* thread - Page 2 187714
Back to top Go down
Gypsyware

Gypsyware

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:01 pm

Any room here for another refugee? And can I have 10% of your 1,000,000,000 Donots, Bambi??

(grin)

Shari & Dakota
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:53 pm

There is room for everyone here, the more the better. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Gypsyware wrote:
Any room here for another refugee? And can I have 10% of your 1,000,000,000 Donots, Bambi??

(grin)

Shari & Dakota
Sure you can!!!! Welcome! Glad you are joining us!
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:31 pm

Hi, Shari & Dakota !! Welcome to our little corner of the Internet . . .

Sorry about your "do over" Bambi

I want you all to know: I DID NOT DO ANYTHING WITH ANY OF MY SHOPS TODAY. . .

Just can't seem to get into it. . .so disappointed about not being able to showcase my designs in "Sections" on Zazzle. . .and although I CAN showcase them in "Sections" on Printfection, it takes SO LONG to get stuff uploaded there. . .and onto products anywhere. . .I am having an "I'm Overwhelmed" day.

Starting at the bottom. . .when I started at CP. . .and SO HAPPY to have found an alternative to making all the tee shirts, etc., myself and selling them on eBay (where I had been selling for 5 years !!!) . . . it seems like the uploading and setting up of sections just progressed. . .but to get to where I am (was) today, it took 4 years. Now. . .I'm looking at starting over again, and I can't get that same amount of enthusiasm up. . .

I am not unhappy. . .because everything else is so beautiful. . .it just seems as if I can't work on the Shops and spoil my otherwise nice day. . .

However. . .tomorrow is another day. . .Don't mean to sound so down. . .I'll probably ease back into the grind. . .some time.

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:47 pm

I really think I'm getting burnt out, too. We ALL have been working soooooo hard with this tidal wave chasing us. Thanks, CP. cherry I took almost all day yesterday off, and it really helped.

I think all of us should get together and have a picnic. Smile I'll make the chocolate cake.

Laurie
Back to top Go down
Gypsyware

Gypsyware

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:03 pm

Ann,

I'm in exactly the same boat. I love the "sections" of Printfection and the look of my new store there. But certain things frustrate me, like having to reorder the products each and every time and the method is excruciating. And that there are so few non-clothing items. They say the marketplace is not very useful, but I haven't been there long enough to know. I have high hopes for it, and have actually pointed some webpages to my budding store there.

I feel the same way about Zazzle, too. I've got a store there that I'd started before the Big Bang, just to expand my ways of selling. I really really miss the sections that allowed me to organize a certain way. That's why I went hunting for other places. I've not done the same volume of sales on Zazzle that I'd been doing on CP either. At whatever time on CP I had the same amount of designs up, I was selling more.

So it's all very frustrating. Hard to progress without Donots to feed me energy. I was floating in the clouds before the Big Bang, with the very reachable goal of becoming a top shopkeeper. I felt I was so close especially after that big honking Donot then BAM!

I'm moving along at snail's pace. On Zazzle. On Printfection. And with additional SEO overall. But yes, it's hard to motivate.

Let's have a big party and divide the room in sections, put down tile coasters for everybody and fancy steins to drink from, as long as they are wearing their special neckties of course, and cut the drink lemons on our fancy cutting boards! Woo hoo! Who's the one who said, "When life hands you lemons, grab the tequila??"
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:00 am

Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy bounce Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy bounce Wink FRIDAY !!!

Not that any of us take the weekends off. . .

I'm heading out to lunch, but this afternoon I'll be back at it!!!

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
happylab

happylab

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:33 am

Have a great weekend, people!! sunny

PS
I needed to upload my new designs to Cafepress for tote bags... I love CP's big tote, though.
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Gypsyware wrote:
Ann,

I'm in exactly the same boat. I love the "sections" of Printfection and the look of my new store there. But certain things frustrate me, like having to reorder the products each and every time and the method is excruciating. And that there are so few non-clothing items. They say the marketplace is not very useful, but I haven't been there long enough to know. I have high hopes for it, and have actually pointed some webpages to my budding store there.

So it's all very frustrating. Hard to progress without Donots to feed me energy. I was floating in the clouds before the Big Bang, with the very reachable goal of becoming a top shopkeeper. I felt I was so close especially after that big honking Donot then BAM!

Gypsyware, my sales at Printfection are beginning to increase. My original store is a total mess as I renovate, my new stores aren't open yet, I've done no advertising, so I have to think that somehow word is getting out to customers that the world of online shopping is going through a major change and there are good things to be found on Printfection and Zazzle. The changes we're all making will be a slow process and our incomes are going to suffer for a few months, but my hopes are much higher today than they were a week ago.

SassyBites cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.spreesunlimited.com
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:32 pm

SassyBites, are your sales at Printfection coming from the marketplace or from your own promoting??

I have had a shop there for a couple of months and no sales.
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:50 pm

Laurie wrote:
SassyBites, are your sales at Printfection coming from the marketplace or from your own promoting??

I have had a shop there for a couple of months and no sales.

Has to be from the marketplace because I have no advertising going at the moment, other than data feeds to Google.

A couple of months isn't very long for an online store. You gotta hang in there and keep working on your store(s). Just like any POD. PF may be a bit more of a challenge at the moment because of their limited marketplace and the limited number of products they offer, but (as they keep telling us) they are building a solid foundation first, trying to avoid some of the pitfalls that have happened to other PODs. I have no doubt that they're working like crazy to take advantage of the changes that are happening. Hopefully we'll see some good changes soon.

SassyBites
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Yes, I do have to remember how long it takes to get those first sales. I am very spoiled, though, at Zazzle I started making sales pretty quickly. At CP when I first started, it did take a long time.

So, I'll go back and keep working at Printfection, I really believe we need LOTS of baskets to put our eggs in. Once bitten, twice shy. Rolling Eyes

Laurie
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Laurie wrote:
Yes, I do have to remember how long it takes to get those first sales. I am very spoiled, though, at Zazzle I started making sales pretty quickly. At CP when I first started, it did take a long time.

So, I'll go back and keep working at Printfection, I really believe we need LOTS of baskets to put our eggs in. Once bitten, twice shy. Rolling Eyes

Laurie

I would like to spread out too but I can't get into my account at Zazzle and they aren't responding to any of my emails. I hate to have to call them but I think I will later this week. Although the thought of actually opening a store there terrifies me. I read forums and it sounds like you need to be a rocket scientist to properly run a store there.

SassyBites
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:09 pm

I found Zazzle rather easy. I REALLY don't know much about doing stuff on the internet. I have opened 6 shops because it's easy for me. I am just using their store templates, not trying to do much HTML. I'm just basically putting up my images and putting them on products, and... they sell. Smile That's as much as I really know how to do.

I'd call, or you could just open another shop???

Laurie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The *sigh* thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: General Chat :: General Chat -