Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

The *sigh* thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:44 am

As I'm sitting here wishing that all this stuff was transfered and done, and taking a deep sigh, I figured that I'm not alone. This seemed like a good place to take a breather and a deep sigh.

You know, I thought all of these shops and designs were a great idea at the time! LOL

Ok...back to work.......
Back to top Go down
Junkshoptees

Junkshoptees

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:57 am

I can take a nice deep sigh with you. I would have more energy with transferring my designs if i still had the original designs. *sighs*

No
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:40 am

Junkshoptees wrote:
I can take a nice deep sigh with you. I would have more energy with transferring my designs if i still had the original designs. *sighs*

No
OH MAN! That really bites the big one! I'll sigh FOR you!

I save EVERYTHING! I have designs from when I got my very first computer....and backed up on discs. Girlfriend, you need to do that too! You never know when something might crash or when CP might run us out of the market place....oh wait......they did that! Very Happy

My sympathy's go out to you! I wish there was some way I could help!
Back to top Go down
thefunkhouse

thefunkhouse

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:50 pm

*sigh* I know exactly how y'all feel. I don't have a ton of my original designs. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.shopfunkhouse.com
Junkshoptees

Junkshoptees

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:29 pm

I used to have all of my designs in a folder but decided that i wouldn't need them because CP will be there forever...yeah right!! Haha joke's on me. Now i have to try and save the designs in Photoshop.
Back to top Go down
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:05 am

Junkshoptees wrote:
I used to have all of my designs in a folder but decided that i wouldn't need them because CP will be there forever...yeah right!! Haha joke's on me. Now i have to try and save the designs in Photoshop.

Ouch that hurts! I feel for ya Crying or Very sad

I must admit though I'm using it as an excersise to have a bit of a clear out and reorganise. It dawned on me yesterday that Zazzle galleries are free, so I shall be having a few that are kinda themed as well as a general one, then have a page like Hilly has linking them all. I'm thinking that keeping them on a smaller scale makes it easier for customers to browse. To do that on CP I would have needed multiple premiums at a price! So glad I'm making the switch, but still sighing anyway cos it's all work to do.

bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.specialeetees.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:34 am

Specialeetees wrote:

Ouch that hurts! I feel for ya Crying or Very sad

I must admit though I'm using it as an excersise to have a bit of a clear out and reorganise. It dawned on me yesterday that Zazzle galleries are free, so I shall be having a few that are kinda themed as well as a general one, then have a page like Hilly has linking them all. I'm thinking that keeping them on a smaller scale makes it easier for customers to browse. To do that on CP I would have needed multiple premiums at a price! So glad I'm making the switch, but still sighing anyway cos it's all work to do.

bounce
I'm doing them same thing. It's a great time to "clean house", so to say, and reorganize everything. I think I will do several shops as well, being careful not to over-do, in case they do decide to charge down the road. Very Happy

Still.....even with the silver lining, it is a BUNCH of work!
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:31 am

I´ll have a big sigh for all of you Very Happy

As I have about two years head start (One of them at Zazzle), I have more transferred I guess.
BUT: Usually I look at my old stuff and think to myself "I could do that one a lot better now!", and then I do just that.Very Happy So my really old (and sometimes really cr+&#y ) stuff is at CP, last years adaptions are at Printfection - and I made a whole bunch of new versions for Zazzle. Plus of course all the different new stuff I made in between ...

My todo list is about as long as my arm Crying or Very sad

clown Hilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.tshirt-total.com
sassybites

sassybites

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 1:23 pm

I'll join the *Big Sigh Group*. So much to transfer, so little time. Just thinking about it is exhausting.

sassybites
Back to top Go down
http://www.spreesunlimited.com
felidae52

felidae52

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi Jana - fancy meeting you here Very Happy
Been meaning to e-mail you for ages, but I´ve been soooo busy getting my Zazzle shops shipshape to compete with all the CP refugees that are descending on us Zazzlers Laughing I´ll drop you a line this week-end!

clown Hilly
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 4:21 pm

I'll surely join in here with a big SIGH !!!

I, too, am taking the opportunity to choose only my BEST designs for all this work of transferring to a new Shop. . .or two. . .or five. . .or so.

I have all of my original PAINTINGS. . .and am amazed at how much better I am NOW with details than I was in 2002 when I started painting Dogs. BUT. . .and I have No Idea how this happened. . .there are about 140 new designs uploaded in my Cafe Press Media Basket, that I will now NOT set up over there. . .but I can't find the original .png files!!!

I have 3 hard drives on my computer. . .and the designs are not in any of them. What on Earth did I do? And. . .awful thought. . .how much else is missing????

Fortunately I found many of the original .TIF files. . .but certainly not all of them, either.

Friday night, and I think I'm going to quit for the day. . .be back bright and early in the morning, there are NO weekends for people who work at home, or in their own companies.

So happy to have this Forum!
Ann K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaggieRossDogs.com
Laurie

Laurie

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 4:30 pm

Gee Ann, I sure hope you find your originals. How scary and sad.

I'm just putting my better stuff up on Zazzle, it is a good way to clean out junk. Very Happy

Yesterday I got seven donots, 4 from CP and 3 from Zazzle. None at all today, guess it is feast or famine.

I'm very happy we have this forum, we really do need to contact and hear about what others are doing.

Best to all.

Laurie
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 6:04 pm

felidae52 wrote:
Hi Jana - fancy meeting you here Very Happy
Been meaning to e-mail you for ages, but I´ve been soooo busy getting my Zazzle shops shipshape to compete with all the CP refugees that are descending on us Zazzlers Laughing I´ll drop you a line this week-end!

clown Hilly

I can't wait to catch up! sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.spreesunlimited.com
happylab

happylab

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 1:06 am

I'm messing up myself and I have NO TIME for painting!!!
I think I need to prepare for coming Holiday Seasons NOW... santa

Good luck to Ann! The *sigh* thread 187714
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:38 am

No reason for sighing concerning sales - my Initials have been piking up no end, 10 sales over the last two days Very Happy

On the other hand ... there´s soooo much on the to-do list, seems to be getting longer, not shorter!

A productive and sale-full weekend to all - and I do hope you found your files, Ann!

clown Hilly

And a fairy for all those that are still waiting for sales The *sigh* thread 187714
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:27 am

Wow Hilly! Those are amazing! You are an amazing artist!
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 9:56 am

Love the initials, Hilly !!!
Thanks for all the good wishes on the "missing" designs. . .having all of my original dog paintings scanned into the computer, it is relatively easy to reproduce a design. . .

I say relatively, because it all goes back to TIME. . .

and I hate to say this, but once I create a design, I totally fall in love with it, then . . . when I create the next design, I sort of fall OUT of love with the previous one.

Perhaps it is a good thing I only had one child affraid

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:37 am

MaxMuhlin wrote:
Thanks for all the good wishes on the "missing" designs. . .having all of my original dog paintings scanned into the computer, it is relatively easy to reproduce a design. . .

and I hate to say this, but once I create a design, I totally fall in love with it, then . . . when I create the next design, I sort of fall OUT of love with the previous one.

Ann K.

lol! I do the same exact thing, THIS one is the very best, then down the line, it doesn't look any different than the other designs.
Back to top Go down
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:31 pm

Laurie wrote:
MaxMuhlin wrote:

Ann K.

lol! I do the same exact thing, THIS one is the very best, then down the line, it doesn't look any different than the other designs.

And me too!!! Maybe it's a creative people thing! LOL lol!

As for to do lists...don't mention them to meeeeeeee aaaaarggghhhhhh affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.specialeetees.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 11:08 pm

Specialeetees wrote:
Laurie wrote:
MaxMuhlin wrote:

Ann K.

And me too!!! Maybe it's a creative people thing! LOL lol!

As for to do lists...don't mention them to meeeeeeee aaaaarggghhhhhh affraid
add me too that list as well!
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 1:44 pm

lol! I love each design when I make it - but I tend to start filling a new gallery with old designs, think "I can do that much better now" - and end up doing them all over again ... I´m going through that process with my newest baby - The Hobby Shop - just now. I have all the designs on CP and PF, but this time I´m creating 99% new.

Thanks for the praise on my initials, Ann - I love doing them, but they do take time to make Smile And to create the products is sooo boring ... Not to talk abot the descriptions .... I hate descriptions. And tags.

Back to work - and my to-do list is not getting shorter Sad

clown Hilly
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 8:01 pm

I had the system of creating products at Cafe Press down to a science: I uploaded, tagged, built Section, Imported products (already set up and displayed as I wanted them - and priced) from my Basics Section. . .then used the Bulk Changes Tool to add design, change name, change description and I was DONE !!

Even so, I also found it very boring. . .compared to the FUN of designing the images. . Very Happy

Now that I am uploading my designs AGAIN, I've been going through them on my Wacom Tablet/Monitor. Needless-to-say, in addition to viewing the designs full size on a 22" Monitor, the resolution is so much higher, I find little glitchy things in each design that I need to tweak. . .so here I sit editing as well as uploading. . .not that I have that kind of TIME, but I just can't upload many of them "as-is" . . . I am amazed that so few have been returned, and appalled that I let them upload the first time with these glitchy things. . .but, then, I couldn't really see them then, like I can SEE them now.

Actually, I'd rather play around with tweaking the designs, than get to the point on Zazzle of putting them on products. Procrastination. . .love it!!

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
happylab

happylab

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:28 am

I also need to re-create my designs to upload to Zazzle. It's not fun. I blushed when I found a debris in my transparent background!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:07 pm

How about a BIG TIME SIGH for dear ole MaxMuhlin. . . .

I just worked for over 5 hours on a very complex thingy. . .VERY COMPLEX. . .and got so involved, naturally, that I never SAVED it. . .( It was a documented Family Tree showing descent from Holy Roman Emperor CHARLEMAGNE in 814 AD all the way through to the present day. . .with who married who and gave birth to who, and the dates, etc. . . that I was compiling for my cousin. . .)

You all know what is coming, don't you?

I picked up the Genealogical Chart that I was working from. . .hit my Mouse with a corner of it. . .and CLEARED the entire thing.

Yup . . . it is GONE . . . and there is absolutely NOTHING I can do, except Start Over !!! Rolling Eyes

SIGH . . .

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:12 pm

Oh Ann - ouch! I can relate to that one - done it, seen the film, read the book, got the t-shirt Mad Rolling Eyes

clown Hilly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The *sigh* thread Vide
PostSubject: Re: The *sigh* thread   The *sigh* thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The *sigh* thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3 Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: General Chat :: General Chat -