Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
notoriousapparel

Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website? Vide
PostSubject: Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website?   Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:41 am

I currently have a shop at the 3 larger PODs (CP, zazzle, & SS) looking to push the spreadshirt shop as more of the main pod when i get my domain up and running, but I'm curious how one goes about combning all three pods on your own domain? Are their shopping cart software that will combine the 3 shoping carts for the customer? Is it better to just leave the 3 seperate on your site?

I run into the following questions to myself when brainstorming the idea:

1. If a customer comes and buy 1 tee from CP, 2 from SS, and a hat from zazzle...they will have to checkout 3 times.

2. Is their software that can display all 3 pod shopping carts on one page?

Basically I'm trying to find a way to combine all 3 pods on one site to keep the customer on my domain as oposed to one of the pods.
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website?   Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website? Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 9:54 am

Wow, that's exactly the same thing I've been trying to figure out. I'm going to be doing the same thing with three PODs and I was wondering about the shopping cart thing, too. I hope there is a solution. Glad you put this in the forum, notoriousapparel.
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website?   Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:09 am

There was a similar question asked over in CP's Chit Chat area. . .and I believe it was Teesed that answered, saying he didn't have any problems reported by customers using whatever Shopping Cart went with whatever design. . .and that Internet Shoppers were mostly sophisticated enough to utilize separate carts for different products. He runs Many Affiliate Sites, as many of you know. . .

BUT, that said: AND I would love it if there were a way to combine everything into one shopping cart, except that if different places: CP, Zazzle, Printfection, Etc. were doing the fulfillment, don't you think it would be totally IMPOSSIBLE to put it all into one cart, Buy it, then have some sort of programming go in and sort it all back out again to send it to the proper fulfillment house?????

Yeah, I don't think so. . . Suspect

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaggieRossDogs.com
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website?   Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website? Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:31 am

Do you think it would be a wise idea to say, these products come from my Zazzle shop, CP shop, etc. so the customers know it might not have a common shopping cart?
Back to top Go down
notoriousapparel

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website?   Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website? Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:01 am

yes the more i think about it the more it makes sense. i never take into factor internet shopper compared to retail shoppers, then again now that i look at it even a customer at the mall makes multiple transactions at different stores. in my case stores being zazzle, CP, SS, etc. and my site being the mall.
Back to top Go down
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website?   Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website? Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:37 am

I was doing this for a while with spreadshirt/cafepress and imagekind all on my front page at the same time.

I just included a line that said something along the lines of "Please Note:In order to give my customers the widest choice of quality merchandise I use the fulfilment services of each of the above suppliers. Each supplier has a seperate shopping cart that cannot be combined with the others" etc..blah blah or something like that anyway

Seemed to work sunny scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.specialeetees.com
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website?   Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website? Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:40 am

Specialeetees wrote:
I was doing this for a while with spreadshirt/cafepress and imagekind all on my front page at the same time.

I just included a line that said something along the lines of "Please Note:In order to give my customers the widest choice of quality merchandise I use the fulfilment services of each of the above suppliers. Each supplier has a seperate shopping cart that cannot be combined with the others" etc..blah blah or something like that anyway

Seemed to work sunny scratch

Thanks, I'll do something like that. flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website?   Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone tried to combine PODs on their website?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: General Chat :: General Chat -