Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
happylab

happylab

Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Vide
PostSubject: Today''s Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:18 am

Tonight, I'v been uploading my designs and during the time that I was working,
I made lots of mistakes especially with templates. It was my "Sigh" moment.

And then, I was informed that my Labrador mug was awarded as Today's Best there via email.
Well, I rushed to the site to check it out....

OMG!!!!!!! OMG!! affraid The design was the one that it should be corrected right now. AWWWWWWWWW. I know I make this kind of mistakes so many times. But what a bad timing!!!
I just can't believe it. I'm ashamed.Embarassed STUPID ME!!!Mad What do people feel to see such a stupid design??? I feel blue.

Anyway, I emailed to Zazzle support team. Hope they change it soon.

Thanks for listening.

Naomi
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:41 am

I feel for you Naomi (insert BIG HUG smilie" but, maybe it is something that only YOU would notice. You're very close to your designs, and probably nobody else would even notice. Also, people know that we are artists putting up our designs, and that maybe they think your design is "cool" !!!

Congratulations on the TBA, they thought is was just fine to be able to give you the award!!

Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) 187714 I do wish we could live without CRINGING MOMENTS.

Laurie
Back to top Go down
happylab

happylab

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:04 am

Thank you Laurie for you kindness!! I love you

Seems like my mug was removed from TBA.... maybe forever. Crying or Very sad

Positive note: Not so many people saw that ugly mug as a result.tongue

Thanks again!! Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) 187714

Naomi
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:20 am

Well, your TBA is still nice!!

I have a Japanese niece who just went to Japan to see her father and sister, and they took some very beautiful pictures of her girls in Japanese attire. I am trying to learn how to put a picture in here... but how do you do it? I have it saved as a file.

Laurie
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:23 pm

Well, I couldn't find the original HELP post that told how to resize the image once in our Forum, so I removed my huge image. . .

AnnK

Last edited by MaxMuhlin on Sun May 17, 2009 2:30 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaggieRossDogs.com
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:30 pm

OMG ! BIG, yes!!!

There is a little box up above the box you write your Post in. . .the 7th box in. . .if you mouse over it, it says IMAGE. . .you just click on that then type the URL of your image in the box that comes up!

It makes a link that looks like Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)  then your URL is here

so you could type that line in if you didn't want to use their INSERT IMAGE tool, but you don't have to.

The above image is my painting of Caspian (bless his dear departed little heart - who belonged to Moonduster from CP) it is hosted on Photobucket, so I just put his URL in the box and walla! We have him! I'll leave it for now, but if it is taking up too much room, I can make him smaller !!!

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Absolutely gorgeous, Ann. Boy, you really have talent.

What URL???? It's just a jpg picture in my documents, should I save it somewhere and make it a URL??
Back to top Go down
FroodyStuff.com

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:06 pm

(Jumping in from nowhere! Smile )

Hi Laurie! What Ann is saying is that the image needs to be hosted somewhere online for you to be able to post it in the forum. This is because on most forums, you are not allowed to upload files to the actual forum site, for security and storage space reasons.

Putting your pictures online is easy. One of the most popular ways is by using an online gallery like https://www.photobucket.com. Opening an account is free and you can then upload your images there.

Then you take the URL of the image and stick it in an IMG tag, like this:
Code:
[img]http://your_image_url[/img]
On PhotoBucket, the URL will probably look something like this:
Code:
http://i0006.photobucket.com/albums/0006/findstuff22/Best%20Images/Funny/funnysignthumb-1.jpg

Which would result in this:
Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Funnysignthumb-1

(Please note that the above image is not mine, I merely posted it here for educational purposes. Plus, it's funny.. Smile )

Hope that helps!

/FroodyStuff

PS: And I agree, Ann is extremely talented! Ann, your art is amazing!
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:08 pm

Thank you, FroodyStuff! And I just read in the Forums Help how to make poor Caspian a better size. . . (thank you, Laurie! I love the detail in Caspian!!!) . . .now I will Edit my Post and make him a more reasonable size!
Ann K.
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Let's try this:

Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Akisdaughters
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:21 pm

Wow, that's pretty big, but I have the idea, now. I just sent it up to my website.

Thanks for the help, and now if I need to do it again, I know how! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:29 pm

What a pair of DARLING babies!!! They must have had the time of their lives in Japan!!

So glad you "learned" how to share the photo with us!!!

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
happylab

happylab

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Laurie,
What a beautiful pic!! They look so adorable and happy. Thank you for sharing.
I feel better now. I love you

FYI: I was messed up with Text1, Text2 in my template. The text which was supposed to be printed inside the greeting card was printed on the image on one side of the mug.

Naomi
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:06 am

I think we've all made silly mistakes like that, but to actually lose your TBA really stinks!

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:27 am

Can we get your caring dragonfly as a smilie??? Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) 187714
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:39 am

I have 100"s of these that I have made. My DF is kind of my alter ego...at least for the internet. Most places I am known as "Lil' D" (Dragonfly)

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:41 am

Oh....there's the REAL crying one....

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:42 am

They're great, Bambi! Can we get them for smilies???
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:46 am

That's up to John. If he wants. I was saving this one for someone saying something they weren't supposed to, but I really don't see it happening with this group........

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:49 am

I have bored ones, sick ones, fingers crosses, laughing, traveling, hugs,excited, innocent....

OMG the list goes on! I even have an iPod dancing one. LOL
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:43 am

Well, what do you say, John?????? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:46 am

The only thing I would ask is that they stay here only. They are my own copyrighted designs and I'd sure hate to see other places with them!
Back to top Go down
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 8:55 am

Oh Happylab, that's such a shame! I really feel for you. But on the bright side, if you've done something well enough to get one, there'll be more I'm sure. Very Happy

Love the dragonflies Bambi, really neat! cyclops <--- I have no idea what that means, but it shows we need dragonflies or something lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.specialeetees.com
happylab

happylab

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:49 pm

Thank you so much Bambi for your lovely dragonflies!!! They are all so very nice I love them!!flower

Specialeetees,
Thank you for your kind words.

I decided to upload my products in a hidden status till I've done my final check. Smile This is what I should have done.cherry
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:36 am

happylab wrote:

I decided to upload my products in a hidden status till I've done my final check. Smile This is what I should have done.cherry
That's actually good advice for all of us!

Well, I hope they pick your work again REAL soon!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)   Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Today's Best shocking story.... (My silliness)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: Print on Deman :: Zazzle -