Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO" Vide
PostSubject: CP changes.... I think it''s "going EMO"   CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO" Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:11 am

I just went over to check out my sales report and see what obscure piece of garbage they dredged out of the bowels of my shops and deemed good for MP sales (and OMG, I had forgotten I ever did those!), and that place has changed so much! It really makes me sad. It used to be such joy to go and look at everything and visit with everyone. Now it's dismal. It's gray background and "out of style" green logo make the whole place feel depressing, which actually fits the mood over there. It's drab and old looking now, and the tiny text is a nightmare for anyone with a few good years on them. The moderators are busily closing threads since the new "rule" is "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.". Saying anything negative or sounding like you are unhappy with CP is a "no-no"! It's supposed to be all "happy happy..joy joy" only...yet the place itself is anything but. It makes me sad. It's kind of like watching a really awful accident...you want to turn away because you don't want to see the pain and suffering, but you have to look.

So sad. No Sad
Back to top Go down
geargems

geargems

PostSubject: Re: CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO"   CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO" Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:41 pm

I know. I got my first post deleted and "official warning" in 5 years from a moderator yesterday. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Junkshoptees

Junkshoptees

PostSubject: Re: CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO"   CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO" Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:45 pm

I know how you feel, the changes feel so alien. It's a different place over there now and i'm curious to see how it will look 6 months from now. No
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO"   CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO" Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:50 pm

I feel like a stranger there, too. I see lots of people viewing the forum, but not many writing. Now I know where the phrase "had the rug pulled out from under me" came from. I think I'm still in shock, like after a tornado and everything is gone, but you still go to where you lived and walk around...

Laurie
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO"   CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO" Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 10:54 pm

Exactly Laurie...that's actually a really good analogy.
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO"   CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO" Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:49 am

Its a shame alright and how can they expect all the threads to be 'Happy..Happy' when they did what they did to people. Very blinkered attitude that, just shows how they have lost touch with the shopkeepers and reality
Back to top Go down
https://creative-minds.forumotion.com
happylab

happylab

PostSubject: Re: CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO"   CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO" Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 1:07 am

I checked out "Cafepress Groups" thread. It reminds me of Zazzle's customizing feature... They want to beat Zazzle? IMO, everything comes from the current shrinking economy. It makes CP desperate, I think...
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO"   CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO" Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:09 am

You know, I believe we have been wrongly thinking of Cafe Press as a human entity. . . much as we Shopkeepers are. . .when they are actually a CORPORATE ENTITY.

Think of an asphalt-applying steamroller pressing inexorably forward. . .impervious to the stunned reaction of all the ants who have been diligently laboring to build their labyrinthine dwellings beneath that wonderful crack in the roadbed.

The two worlds are so far apart . . .And guess who will still be there tomorrow?

C'mon, we will just have to build somewhere else! And. . .I don't think the steamroller really gives a second's thought to much . . . beyond its own success. Look at how many hopefuls there are trying out for Britain has Talent and American Idol . . . Millions of designers are eagerly waiting in the wings. . .

One thing my divorce taught me: We ARE replaceable. Shocked "How can he POSSIBLY prefer her to me? Hey, she gets the job done. What can I say?

Pssst! Not that I would give up my current FREEDOM for anything!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

OK, enough philosophizing. . .back to work for me!
Ann K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaggieRossDogs.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO"   CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO" Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:56 am

LOL....ok Ann....I'm going to run with your analogy!

We may just be the ants, but we a D**N AWESOME ants. We are awesome enough that we have made this road way #1 cause everyone wants to see our work. Now, if the steamrollers come in and forgets why the road is there in the first place, yes, the ants will go elsewhere to build....thus creating a giant sink hole. Other ants may come, but that roadway will never be the same again. LOL Okay, that was fun. I feel like I'm writing a children's story! LOL

All I'm saying, Ann, is there are people behind the corporate. While we may be replaceable, at what cost? Even with divorces (and I've had 3 myself) I have always walked away knowing that no matter what, I really can't be replaced. I still talk to hubby #1 and #3, and they both will tell anyone that will listen that they screwed up big time. The bottom line:"The grass is always greener...."

I don't know what will become of CP. I'm sure that at least for a while they will be around, but I don't believe for a second that they will remain the POD giant they once were. They have hurt too many and are making some giant mistakes, and continue to, thus leveling the playing field for other POD companies.

Now, I also want to add this...I am not trying to bad mouth or even belittle CP. They are what they are and they did what they did. I HAVE moved on. Mine was more of a statement on the changes and overall feeling I got when I went there to check sales. It was more an expression of overwhelming sadness at the loss of a place I once looked forward to going to. It's kind of like losing a friend or a home.....you may move onward and forward, but you will still think and talk about what was left behind.

Okay....back to work for me as well.
-Bambi
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO"   CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO" Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:25 am

Agreed. . .totally agreed. . .

I know that I haven't been replaced in kind. . .my place has just been filled. (My ex-DH describes it as having survived his own suicide). . .Rolling Eyes

That is what CP will do. . .they will fill our places. Yes it is sad. And eGAD! it was fun while it lasted. . .now to build our NEW Shops to that level!!!

LIVING WELL IS THE BEST REVENGE !!!!!

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaggieRossDogs.com
Junkshoptees

Junkshoptees

PostSubject: Re: CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO"   CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO" Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:47 am

MaxMuhlin wrote:

I know that I haven't been replaced in kind. . .my place has just been filled. (My ex-DH describes it as having survived his own suicide). . .Rolling Eyes

Shocked wow!

And living well is the best revenge! Showing someone that you're down only gives them the power (or feeling of power). It worked great with my ex.
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO"   CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO" Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:31 am

Well, see, I'm not down. Now that I am getting situated in my new home, I'm kind of having fun. I get to be creative again, and that ALWAYS makes me happy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO"   CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CP changes.... I think it's "going EMO"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: Print on Deman :: CafePress -