Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

Opt out of Marketplace VS. Removal of Tags

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
geargems

geargems

Opt out of Marketplace VS. Removal of Tags Vide
PostSubject: Opt out of Marketplace VS. Removal of Tags   Opt out of Marketplace VS. Removal of Tags Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:03 pm

This topic is for discussion of relative merits of each, for those staying open with CP but not wanting anything to do with their insulting new marketplace conditions.

I understand some of the implications of each route. If you opt out and want to keep your google base feeds active, you will have to "opt in" for a short period of time to make a new feed. BUT I am unclear about what happens after that. When you opt out, will the links generated by the feeds still work?

If you remove all of your tags, then you can still remain opted in but "invisible" to the Marketplace. Sounds good so far, but in practical terms, rather drastic - especially if one later thinks this was a mistake, and has to try to put all their tags back! So this option is supposed to keep you able to be affiliated - but with no tags, how will affiliates find your designs? Or does one just hope they will affiliate your whole store? Or... what?

Please help people who are undecided decide which road to take!
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

Opt out of Marketplace VS. Removal of Tags Vide
PostSubject: Re: Opt out of Marketplace VS. Removal of Tags   Opt out of Marketplace VS. Removal of Tags Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Yeah I have thought of both but I have heard of people who have opted out getting market place sales so maybe the tag removal is the best BUT as you say you better either make copies of them all or be aware that there is no way back
Back to top Go down
https://creative-minds.forumotion.com

Opt out of Marketplace VS. Removal of Tags

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: Print on Deman :: CafePress -