Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

How are your sales at CafePress ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

How are your sales at CafePress ? Vide
PostSubject: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:02 am

I still have my shop there at the moment but it seems that since they made their announcement I have been getting more sales than ever. Its great of course but it kinda rubs salt in the wound as I know its not for long... well not for long with any kind of decent markup

Sad
Back to top Go down
https://creative-minds.forumotion.com
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:14 am

I've seen a sharp decline, lousy sales at CP at the moment, and what's weird is that things I have sold are obscure, not so great designs that haven't had sales before. It's as though they've completely tipped the MP upside down. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.specialeetees.com
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:21 am

Not good enough to make me change my mind about closing the last remaining shop when the paid up term is over - only five sales so far this month. But surprisingly the same designs that have been selling and making me hold on to the shop since I left CP nearly three yrs ago Very Happy

clown Hilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.tshirt-total.com
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:55 am

Don't get me wrong I am not making many sales just one or two here and there but more than the nothing I was getting for a while before
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:05 am

My sales there really have tanked. I have only made 5 sales this month and they all say MP. But honestly I'm not setting any records at Zazzle. I've made 3 sales there. I was picked top design for 3 different designs, and not a single one of them has sold. Ugh. I'm just frustrated!
I sure wish this place had a Fairy I could cry to!
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:01 am

Yeah I have only made a few sales at Zazzle (one today Very Happy ) and I got that top design thing on one which made no difference.

(I am working on the fairy ....) study
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:23 pm

The Crew Designs wrote:

(I am working on the fairy ....) study
I love you
Back to top Go down
Junkshoptees

Junkshoptees

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:11 pm

Sales for me seemed to increase a little and i'm getting a few more shop sales suddenly. I'm really not looking forward to June 1st. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:38 pm

Junkshoptees wrote:
Sales for me seemed to increase a little and i'm getting a few more shop sales suddenly. I'm really not looking forward to June 1st. Rolling Eyes

Yeah exactly makes it worse now I am getting a FEW sales. Would be easier if it was like before with no sales. Suppose I might as well make as much as I can from CP
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:52 pm

I've been doing better on CP, and yes, that makes it even sadder.
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:13 pm

Do you think its this new search thingy they were talking about implementing on the market place. If so why could they not do it sooner.... as in last year but without the forced 10%
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:33 pm

I do think it's the market place change, I'm selling designs that are pretty old. I'm also selling baby bibs which I hardly ever do.
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:37 pm

Weird... but as I said rubbing salt in the wounds....

I did get a Zazzle sale today so that made me smile.....
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:44 pm

Now when I get a CP sale, I get angry and sad. I REALLY want Zazzle to work, and I appreciate each one. I have actually made more sales from Zazzle than CP so far this month. I do sell a lot of buttons and stickers, but... I'm very happy with those, sometimes they order more than one. Once I sold 26 sheets of stamps to one person, so, it comes and goes.
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:26 pm

Well, my sales have completely died. Haven't had one in a few day. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:36 pm

I just checked my CP sales report, I have made 10 sales this month, three today, all unusual designs.

I usually make a sale every other day, but this month is different. Might be the market change, no clue...

Everyone a marketplace sale. I VERY seldom get any from my shop. It seems like it might be better to just close my shops, then to keep comparing how much money I WOULD have made.
Back to top Go down
happylab

happylab

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:27 pm

Laurie wrote:
I just checked my CP sales report, I have made 10 sales this month, three today, all unusual designs.

I sold a design which I'd never sold before. I like that design, though!! Wink
This month, all my sales came from marketplace so far... No
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Of course, today I sold a Twilight shirt. It was a very obscure one though. One that never sells.
Back to top Go down
goatlady

goatlady

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:04 pm

If anyone wonders how Cp will mess with your sales.. here is a fine example- I followed via statcounter how this person traveled in my shop. They were directed via MY SEO for google-directly INTO MY SHOP they visitied both item pages and hit the cart BUT here is how my sale shows up.. Sad Evil or Very Mad
You've made a sale! Way to go! ( I removed the shop and product info intentionally and put x's in )

Here is a summary of the items you sold:

1 xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Color: N/A
Retail Price: $5.49 each
Markup: $2.00 each
Earned: $2.00 total (Sales Source: Shop SEO:Google)

1 x XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Size: Small
Color: Pink
Retail Price: $25.99 each
Markup: $7.00 each
Earned: $7.00 total (Sales Source: Marketplace)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are your sales at CafePress ?   How are your sales at CafePress ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How are your sales at CafePress ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: Print on Deman :: CafePress -