Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

For my color yourself stuff.......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

For my color yourself stuff....... Vide
PostSubject: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:29 am

I have one shop left at CP that needs to find a home. That's my "Color This" shop. It was full of greeting cards, posters and a coloring book for the left handed as well as right handed. All the POD's that do books seem to be for serious authors....not really coloring books. I see that I could do a shop at Zazzle with the cards and posters, and at this point I am wondering if I shouldn't just break up the book and use the designs inside for posters? Any ideas anyone?
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:02 am

Just an idea off the top of my head... Zazzle can make some pretty big posters. You could take your coloring pages and put a few on a poster, and then the kids could color them and then cut them out ??? Put the cutting lines on the poster for them? You could make cards with them, too. When I was young I would get cards for birthdays and get well and stuff with pictures on the front I could color. I still remember them.

Do you have cards on Greeting Card Universe?? I put a few up, but haven't sold any.
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:16 am

Hey Laurie!

Nah, I'm still trying to get all my stuff moved to Zazzle. Once I get settled in, I will probably start looking at other places as well. I have to stay focused on one thing at a time...I'm a blonde! lol! lol! lol!

Yeah, I was thinking of breaking up the coloring book into posters, but it's not for kids. It complex geometric designs geared at teens and adults that like to doodle. I DO HOWEVER have a line of greeting cards for kids to color and send. I remember them too! lol! I was thinking of adding a line of cards to send that could be colored by the recipient.... then everything blew up.
*sighs*
I sent an email to Robert Greenleaf (CEO at Zazzle) asking about the surfaces of the cards and posters. It makes a huge difference on what can be used to color with (crayons, pencils, markers). If The cards can't be colored with crayon (high gloss surface) it kind of cuts out the kids cards since most parents don't want to hand their kids permanent markers! lol!

I guess I'll have to see where I go from here. I do like the idea of coloring a poster then cutting it up though. That could be REAL cool for kids Valentine's they exchange at school, huh?
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:25 am

If you sell enough of your books, would it be worth it to stay on CP for them? Maybe a link from your other sites so you could get the full $$ you want?

Are you scared to move to another country? Sounds like fun to me.
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:44 am

Nah, I think for right now, I'm going to let the books go. Maybe at a later date I'll be able to use them again. I still have the files saved in a book format. You never know....

About the move:
NO! I can't wait! I have lived all over the place in my life, including Europe...on my own doing...not military moves. I have always been one that loves adventure and trying new things. It kind of gives me a rush like you get from a roller coaster. It's a thrilling kind of scary.

This is the longest I have ever lived anywhere in my life, and I did it for my daughter. I wanted her to be able to stay in the same school district from kindergarten through it all. She graduates in June (with a couple of kids she was in kindergarten with) and has heard about my adventures all of her life. She is as excited as I am. She's my daughter in more ways than one! She loves adventure (and roller coasters) as much as I do.

Her dream is to be an Architect for barrier free homes (homes for the handicapped)and buildings, and where we are going, they have no guidelines in place for such thing so she'll get to be a pioneer in that field! She speaks American Sign Language fluently, and that is what is taught down there (and they just started teaching it a few years back) so she is walking into a whole world waiting for her! Barrier free business buildings and homes.....all waiting for her....$$$$ *cha-ching!* lol!
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:52 am

Wow, what a great fun time you will have when you move. It's so great that you and your daughter are so much alike. That's what life is for... LIVING.

Can't wait to hear about it all when you move and pics!!!
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:55 am

I wish I knew how to set up a website......I'd do that so people could be following the move complete with blog and pictures. I've talked about it with some people, but so far nothing has happened. I'll be keeping everyone posted as best I can though. I'll figure something out.
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:56 am

Guess I'll have to open another shop when I get there too. Got to do something with the millions of pictures I'll be taking! LOL
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:43 am

Laurie-

Thanks so much for the idea of the poster. I am having a blast laying out the designs to be colored and cut out, and I even gone as far as to add a pattern for an envelope that they can use to make envelopes out of copy paper for their cards. LOL You are so smart!
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 11:50 am

I've been making art projects for years working with kids. I think the envelope pattern is a great idea, Bambi.
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:17 pm

I went to school to be an art teacher......then discovered I really didn't like kids....well, not that many at once anyway. LOL I suppose I could have gone back for my masters and taught in college, but I found that people would pay me to do what I love doing, so I went into freelancing. Been doing it since.
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:30 pm

Bambi's Designs wrote:
I wish I knew how to set up a website......I'd do that so people could be following the move complete with blog and pictures. .

Why don´t you use a wordpress blog? you can set them up just like a website with the pages. I set one up as a blog for my Incredimail Stationery freebie site & my shops together (Lures people in who Google for IM stats and then they get sidetracked to my shops Laughing ).

You can have a look at it HERE. It´s only a free one, and I´m useless at customizing. But it serves it´s purpose. It´s not finished yet - lot´s of my galleries/productlines to go in.

clown Hilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.tshirt-total.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Hilly.... You rock! This looks like just what we needed! Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Bambi's Designs wrote:
Hilly.... You rock! This looks like just what we needed! Thanks!!!

Embarassed You´re welcome - I only discovered Wordpress in February myself - I got stuck at blogger, because WP always looked sooo complicated. It isn´t though, I love it!

clown Hilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.tshirt-total.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:30 pm

Well, We got the basic up. LOL Now I have to figure out how to set it up so that all four of us can each have our own separate blog pages and how we can put the pictures up on the front page. But this is what we have so far!

http://buildingparadise.wordpress.com

LOLOLOL....okay, not much, but it's a start
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:45 pm

Looks great, Bambi ! Looking forward to your adventures!
sunny
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 3:41 pm

lol!
Me too.
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 9:31 am

Okay, now I sit here with my empty shop waiting for Zazzle too approve my first design...well, sheet of designs. I hope these work, and they sell!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For my color yourself stuff.......   For my color yourself stuff....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For my color yourself stuff.......

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: Print on Deman :: Zazzle -