Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

What would you like to see on Zazzle ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Vide
PostSubject: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:12 pm

Just for a bit of fun but you never know maybe a Zazzle person may drop in one day

What would you like to see on Zazzle ??

Well for me it would be the ability to customise the shop like Cafepress and put title images up EASILY
Back to top Go down
https://creative-minds.forumotion.com
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:25 pm

I would like to go back and resize the image on my products if I needed to.
Back to top Go down
geargems

geargems

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:12 pm

I would like what both of you said, plus the ability to stay on the same page of images when I am working on making items in one product line! (Big pet peeve!)
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:01 am

The Crew Designs wrote:

Well for me it would be the ability to customise the shop like Cafepress and put title images up EASILY

well, according to the latest news from Eric your wish has nearly been granted already and will be available soon (html + CSS)

I just wish the new totes would come out of the wash and into the storeroom .....

plus proper bookmarks, and coasters of some sort ... I could do a lot with those ...

clown Hilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.tshirt-total.com
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 9:55 am

For me, any of the above Very Happy

But also, what I'm gonna miss most is the giant clocks and the keepsake boxes. Overall these were by far my biggest seller. Crying or Very sad

One of my niche shops runs until March next year, so I'm thinking of revamping it to sell just those items while I still have it. Maybe that'll be enough time for them to magically appear at Zazzle. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.specialeetees.com
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:06 am

Specialeetees wrote:
For me, any of the above Very Happy

But also, what I'm gonna miss most is the giant clocks and the keepsake boxes. Overall these were by far my biggest seller. Crying or Very sad

One of my niche shops runs until March next year, so I'm thinking of revamping it to sell just those items while I still have it. Maybe that'll be enough time for them to magically appear at Zazzle. Wink

I'm going to leave one of my shops up also, just for the tile coasters and the keepsake boxes and clocks, too. I think it's worth it around Christmas time. Only one of my shops will warrant it, it's a niche shop.
Back to top Go down
wandee

wandee

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:34 am

I would like to be able to control all my shops from one account and get my payment from all the shops in one check... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.zazzle.com/wandeelitah
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:07 am

wandee wrote:
I would like to be able to control all my shops from one account and get my payment from all the shops in one check... Very Happy
I second that.
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:21 am

Bambi's Designs wrote:
wandee wrote:
I second that.

I really would like to see that, too. I have six shops, making a sale here and there, I can't remember anything. And, I go to my order reports and still don't know what's going on.

I went to one of those classes that Zazzle had, and they said they are working on that, and also so you don't have to keep logging in and out when you go to your shops.

If the shops were all connected, like CP we would get more frequent checks. Waiting for each shop to hit $25, takes time.
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:02 am

I wish these Zazzle improvements would hurry... *taps fingers*
Back to top Go down
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:20 am

You do all know to link your accounts for volume bonus purposes don't you?

****Goes off to find where...I'll be back!****

But just in case you didn't.... bounce

Select one gallery to be the main a/c and sign in.

1. Click on EARNINGS tab (top right of dashboard area)
2. Click VOLUME BONUS (3rd down on left hand menu)
3. See "more than one Zazzle account" box on left. Fill in username and password for each of the other galleries you have.

You're done. Wink

Hope this helps someone Smile

bounce bounce bounce ***goes off to finish website***
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:41 am

Thanks Specialeetees hope you don't mind but I made a sticky from your post
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 11:50 am

Yes, thanks Specialtees. I have done that, but still can't figure out ANYTHING with all my stores and what I've made!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:14 pm

The Crew Designs wrote:

Cool, No probs!

...Just don't like being a "sticky" though, it murdered my smilies!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce lol!

tongue
Back to top Go down
wandee

wandee

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:24 pm

I'd love to have more fonts available in the designing tool... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.zazzle.com/wandeelitah
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 6:06 am

Specialeetees wrote:
The Crew Designs wrote:

Cool, No probs!

...Just don't like being a "sticky" though, it murdered my smilies!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce lol!

tongue

Not any more I resurrected them (and added some more)
Back to top Go down
Gypsyware

Gypsyware

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 3:09 pm

Design-centric organization.

For the marketplace to show just the design, which would take the shopper to all the products with that design.

For my shop to have an image for each product line on the front page with the name of the product line and short description. Then inside of each main product line if there are sub-product lines, an image/name/description for each sub-product line. And only when you get into a product line with products, for it to show the products.
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:15 pm

Gypsyware wrote:
Design-centric organization.

For the marketplace to show just the design, which would take the shopper to all the products with that design.

For my shop to have an image for each product line on the front page with the name of the product line and short description. Then inside of each main product line if there are sub-product lines, an image/name/description for each sub-product line. And only when you get into a product line with products, for it to show the products.
They said they are working on all of this. It'll be interesting to watch Zazzle grow! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:41 pm

oooH ! Gypsyware! THAT is exactly what I would love to see! I want to showcase MY DESIGNS . . . and I am NOT going to work on my shops until I can figure out a GOOD way to do just that.

Why?

Because if I continue to put designs onto products, and they all glop together in my shop. . .I am terrified that the day will come when Zazzle offers "Sections" to display our designs - and I'll have to start all over again, because what has been done cannot be undone without doing it over. You know, like it already has to be done over to change some things once you've set up a product???

AND - - - I want to be able to set up a section of TEMPLATES. REAL Templates that I can pull into a new Section all priced and arranged the way I want to see them. . .like I had on CP with my Basic Section. . .boo hoo. . .I know it is ridiculous (sp?) to come here and cry over spilt milk from CP, but I LIKED my Basic Section. . .I could set up a new design on everything instantly with that.

I have tried Shopaholic Chik's wonderful tutorial on setting up TEMPLATES. . .but when I upload a new design and pull the items from the TEMPLATE section in my shop, most of the products do not show up, and the ones that do STILL have to have all the pricing and tags entered AGAIN. . .so where is the TEMPLATE part ?????

I'm going to go away now. . .very quietly and watch TV. . .sorry for the outbreak Very Happy Outburst???

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaggieRossDogs.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:00 pm

Awww Ann, you were way over due for a good outburst. Have at!
Back to top Go down
geargems

geargems

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 3:50 pm

MaxMuhlin wrote:
oooH ! Gypsyware! THAT is exactly what I would love to see! I want to showcase MY DESIGNS . . . and I am NOT going to work on my shops until I can figure out a GOOD way to do just that.

Why?

Because if I continue to put designs onto products, and they all glop together in my shop. . .I am terrified that the day will come when Zazzle offers "Sections" to display our designs - and I'll have to start all over again, because what has been done cannot be undone without doing it over. You know, like it already has to be done over to change some things once you've set up a product???

AND - - - I want to be able to set up a section of TEMPLATES. REAL Templates that I can pull into a new Section all priced and arranged the way I want to see them. . .like I had on CP with my Basic Section. . .boo hoo. . .I know it is ridiculous (sp?) to come here and cry over spilt milk from CP, but I LIKED my Basic Section. . .I could set up a new design on everything instantly with that.

I have tried Shopaholic Chik's wonderful tutorial on setting up TEMPLATES. . .but when I upload a new design and pull the items from the TEMPLATE section in my shop, most of the products do not show up, and the ones that do STILL have to have all the pricing and tags entered AGAIN. . .so where is the TEMPLATE part ?????

I'm going to go away now. . .very quietly and watch TV. . .sorry for the outbreak Very Happy Outburst???

Ann K.

Wow, Ann, can I ever identify with THAT... from the "glopped together" products (love the imagery there!) to the template limitations to the apprehension of having to re-do everything (been there already, after I tried using "their templates" and found that my customers wouldn't buy sweatshirts or travel mugs unless they SAW my design ON one - people are too lazy to read, I've learned, as a rule!)

Don't get me started! Ah, but you already did, too late... Though it all bugs me, the templates are really my biggest nemesis. You make one, but there is no guarantee that when you use it with another image, your image will not be cut off on some products, or too high or low on others, so all products must be tweaked individually. (It's even worse than PrintFection in this respect!) Then, why are the terms "fit" and "fill" even in there, when they seem interchangable. Sometimes "fit" does one thing and "fill" the other, and the next go-round, they do the exact opposite. And speaking of opposites, how come I can make a new template section and use it several times to create other sections (er, rather, Product Lines), but then when I come back to use the SAME template the next day, all of the items that I painstakingly put in a particular order are suddenly reversed? And with no "sort" feature, it is a PITA to put a group of products back in the order the way you want it by dragging and dropping, and even moreso when you can't see the bottom of the 36-item group and the top at the same time on your monitor, and have to "half-drag" them and then "half-drag" them again the rest of the way! Yeesh!

Sometimes I wonder about the people who tell you it's so easy to upload hundreds of designs. They must be just going for fast numbers and not care a hill of beans about the look of the finished virtual product. I put up not quite 5000 products in December when I had some free time, and it took about 80 hours and a LOT of eyestrain!

I got my hopes all up when they talked about exciting new tools coming our way, now I see it's just enhanced shop design HTML and CSS (neither of which help me, as I can't web-design my way out of a wet paper bag.) But I can't even put my statcounter on my shop yet, and they haven't done a thing to fix all these other inadequacies.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Evil or Very Mad

But I hope someone from there is reading this thread! Shocked bounce affraid

(Edited for typos)

Last edited by geargems on Sat May 16, 2009 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Oh, wouldn't it be nice if someone who could DO something other than be a good friend and hold our hands were reading?!!?

I'm with you on the website design/HTML/CSS inability. I can READ HTML and figure out how to change the color of print or a background in my EASY TO EDIT Cafe Press Shops, but to set about doing it out in the cold cruel world, no way.

And cascading whatsis-sutsis. . .not a clue!

I've got the latest PRO-version of Adam's Instant Cafe Feed generator for Google Feed which I believe also works for Zazzle shops (if I only had products in mine!?) and I haven't even finished the Read Me about it.

Thus my Google Base Feed has expired. . .and you know what? I don't even care!

So there. . . Razz . . . World, take THAT !!!

I'm going to spend the evening NOT updating any of my Shops, but instead, laying out the plan for a seashell covered mirror frame.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ann K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaggieRossDogs.com
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:17 am

*LOL* Go on Ann, Love your attitude can I help you with your mirror.

Think I will go an buy a cake a decorate it (I fancy trying my hand at that)
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 9:40 am

That's cheating John! You need to BAKE the cake yourself!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you like to see on Zazzle ?   What would you like to see on Zazzle ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see on Zazzle ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: Print on Deman :: Zazzle -