Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

Who is closing their shop ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:08 am

MaxMuhlin wrote:
Same here. . .I'm going to reap as much as I am able to during the next month. . .

There was an interesting post on CP today regarding the 10%. . .it basically said that CP's Marketplace can now be looked upon as an Affiliate.

We used to pay Affiliates 20% of our markup of any sale made by them on our behalf.

Now, we can look at any sale made through the CP Marketplace (our newest AFFILIATE) on our behalf as costing us a "fee" that comes out as everything EXCEPT 10% of the final price paid by the customer for that item.

The BIG difference being that Affiliates didn't set the price for the items they promoted.

Somewhat MORE than we used to pay Affiliates, yes, but an interesting theory. . .

I am getting dizzy. . .pondering all of the ramifications. . .actually I should be continuing with my upload to Zazzle. . .let me get on with that. . .Very Happy. . .too much thinking is bad for my balance. . .

Ann K.
I'm with you! I saw that post as well. I replied. My lawyer says this whole thing is not legal. I mentioned it to him in casual conversation about todays economy. I told him that since it's a private company it was....he assured me that it wasn't and legal action could be taken. Pfffft! I just want out! Like you, I don't want to think about it.
Back to top Go down
Junkshoptees

Junkshoptees

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:45 am

They take months and years to consider the requests of shopkeepers and weeks to fix bugs, but it only takes a second to change the TOS. I too will keep earning the money that i can until the 31st.
Back to top Go down
happylab

happylab

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 10:18 pm

I read many people's opinions (it's a pain to me) in the CP forum and still I'm not sure what to do to my premium shop right now. Indeed, I do nothing. Sleep I think I'll wait and see for a while. But it will be expired in August... At least, I need to make a decision when the time comes. One thing I must do till June is withdrawing my art prints from CP.

I've been setting up my zazzle shop slowly because I make a mistake so many times. It's my nature, I believe. Last night, I dreamed of setting up my shop. Suspect
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:34 am

Don;t worry Naomi we are all learning slowly (with lots of mistakes) setting up our new shops. Zazzle is a whole different ball game compared to CafePress.

But we will all help if we can and find the answers if we are not sure....
Back to top Go down
https://creative-minds.forumotion.com
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:14 am

happylab wrote:

I've been setting up my zazzle shop slowly because I make a mistake so many times.

WTG - that is the right way to go about it. You should have seen my first gallery at Zazzle ... Crying or Very sad I spend a lot of time now cleaning up my first one, as I´ve learnt so much in the past year.

clown Hilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.tshirt-total.com
happylab

happylab

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:55 am

The Crew and Hilly,
Thank you for your kind words!!
I felt so tired yesterday because I had to start over several times!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:09 am

I think if we had pictures of all of us, we would all look like we haven't slept in weeks. It does feel like that.

About making mistakes and going slow... boy, I've done my shops OVER and OVER. I still don't know what I'm doing. I know I'm probably in a panic and going way too fast, but... I am kind of in a panic.

I will leave my shops up on CP until at least the end of May.

Laurie
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Laurie wrote:
I think if we had pictures of all of us, we would all look like we haven't slept in weeks. It does feel like that.

Laurie

I´ve been looking like that for years - with a fulltime job, 10 shops at PF, three artsites, a freebie site for IM, a domain for my shops plus 10 Zazzle galleries you don´t expect me to have time for sleep do you !? Very Happy Very Happy

clown Hilly

PS I forgot the Squidoo lenses, two blogs and, and, and ...
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Sleep....Sleep is for wimps not POD shopekeepers...... we are HEROS
Back to top Go down
https://creative-minds.forumotion.com
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:32 pm

WE'RE GETTIN' IT DONE

Hopefully we'll be pretty well up by Christmas and in Google searches by then.
Back to top Go down
Inside Out

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:01 pm

Quote :
Sleep? Had to go look that up on Wikipedia. Very Happy

Quote :
My lawyer says this whole thing is not legal. I mentioned it to him in casual conversation about todays economy. I told him that since it's a private company it was....he assured me that it wasn't and legal action could be taken.
For years I've felt that Cafepress was deserving of a lawsuit, at the very least on the grounds of gross incompetence. Buggy, half-baked programming that never gets fixed, product blanks with images that come up to the neckline, a logo that looks like it was made by a pigeon with digestive issues. I could go on and on. But like you and probably most people, I don't have the money or the inclination to take them on. I'm just hoping that with millions of shopkeepers getting screwed over, that at least one will have the money, the time, and the guts to fight back. And if it's a class action lawsuit, just show me where to sign up.
Cool
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:37 pm

Well, I have finally made a decision.

I have 6 shops I've opened on Zazzle. I still have my shops open at CP. What I am doing is moving my best stuff over and will leave the rest until the rent comes due. I will not opt out of the marketplace and I'm not going to lower the mark up in my shops. I will just let things go as they will and just work on Zazzle.

I will leave my good stuff at CP, but put it only on what Zazzle doesn't have. I really need the tile coasters at Christmas.

My squirrel and bird shop expires on May 31, and I'll pay for another year. The other shops expire in December.

confused
Back to top Go down
sassybites

sassybites

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 1:15 pm

I have completely shut down all my stores. I'll miss the income but I've watched CP slowly disintegrate for the last 10 years and they're picking up speed. It's time for me to move on and concentrate on other things.

sassybites
Back to top Go down
http://www.spreesunlimited.com
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:19 pm

sassybites wrote:
I have completely shut down all my stores. I'll miss the income but I've watched CP slowly disintegrate for the last 10 years and they're picking up speed. It's time for me to move on and concentrate on other things.

sassybites

That's the best way. Even though we're all as mad as hell about what's happened, unfortunately there is nothing in our power that any of us can do to remedy the situation. A lot of people have said their bit on the forums over there, but quite frankly I'm totally done with all that. I could easily sit there moaning about it all, but I've found it far more satisfying and productive to get on with something new and leave that place behind.

Hope what ever you decide to do works out well for you. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.specialeetees.com
sassybites

sassybites

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 5:17 am

Specialeetees wrote:
Hope what ever you decide to do works out well for you. sunny

I have an account at Zazzle but the password isn't working and they aren't responding to my emails so I guess I'll concentrate on Printfection for now. I don't have alot of online time at the moment but I've got several stores organized and ready to add products to. I just wish PF would get busy and make themselves into a good POD presence. For 3 years they've been saying they're working on building a good foundation. While that's an excellent way to start, I have to wonder why it's taking so long. If they would get serious then I'd feel more confident about putting in the time and effort to grow my stores there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.spreesunlimited.com
wobblyrooster

wobblyrooster

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 9:45 pm

I have been mentally checked out of CP since their bonus announcement. I had a horrible Christmas showing as compared to 07. Now this bomb shell. I have already started closing basic shops and working on closing my premiums as soon as I can transfer my designs over to another service. I am still shopping for one I like. Zazzle is a top contender. I might just code my website and have links to my designs so people can order products from multiple PODs. Cause I am finding all kinds of products some which only CP offers like women's plus and maternity shirts. There is a POD that does lighters which is very exciting for me at least.

I don't know about opting out of the marketplace will help but I know I won't be motivated to work on google feeds and promoting designs just to get 10% chump change for all my hard work.
Back to top Go down
http://wobblyrooster.com
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 4:46 am

wobblyrooster wrote:
I might just code my website and have links to my designs.

zazzle has a cool APi for that - you make a template and get a link to put on a picture etc. you have on your website. That either opens one product, or all you want the design sold on.

I´m lousy at explaining things I can do but know nothing about - you can read up on it here:

http://www.zazzle.com/sell/tools/developer

clown Hilly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is closing their shop ?   Who is closing their shop ? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who is closing their shop ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3 Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: Print on Deman :: CafePress -