Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

Is anyone else having problems getting their info?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Vide
PostSubject: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:38 pm

CP is giving me a hard time! I'm trying to copy all my descriptions to transfer, and every few designs, it kicks me back to the "my account" page. Any one else having issues....and NO I'm NOT filing a bug report! LOL
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:12 am

What I have found is while cleaning up to move out that I get asked to log in again please because of "session expired" every 10 min or so. Very annoying .... Maybe we need a visa now to visit our accounts ....

clown Hilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.tshirt-total.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:02 am

LOL I'm starting to wonder!
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:54 am

That's another good thing about zazzle the session expired time seems to be long. I have left it logged in and gone for my dinner and when I return I don't have to log in again. I think CP's time is like 3 min or something
Back to top Go down
https://creative-minds.forumotion.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:07 am

The Crew Designs wrote:
That's another good thing about zazzle the session expired time seems to be long. I have left it logged in and gone for my dinner and when I return I don't have to log in again. I think CP's time is like 3 min or something
Sometimes it's a whole lot shorter.....I'm sure it's some sort of bug. They seem to have so many.

*chuckles to self and shakes head*
You'd think they would have gotten their act together a bit more before releasing this bomb, wouldn't you? That's kind of like saying " I have a really ugly design that doesn't fit the product so I'm gonna charge a whole lot more for it!"

Where's the logic?
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:43 am

The Crew Designs wrote:
That's another good thing about zazzle the session expired time seems to be long. I have left it logged in and gone for my dinner and when I return I don't have to log in again.
LOL I do that all the time - or watch something on TV. And I always forget I´m in the middle of making something and don´t save ... Very Happy

I´ve never been happier with a decision of mine than to leave CP when they first started with taking away the VB. I only left the one shop open because it was still bringing in good money. Sales have stopped though since the last MP turnaround - I had a few designs on the first pages which were making the money, now I can´t even find any of mine ...

Oh, well, it was nice while it lasted - and my other shops at Zazzle, printfection and GCU are paying for the time I spent on them (and I don´t have to pay out shop fees!)

I see though that quite a few that have been screaming "I´m leaving" have now re-thought and are staying after all. I expected that, went the same way when they stopped the VB for MP sales! I think they might regret it. All I know is that I do not sell prints of our original paintings, and designs which usually take me a day or so to think them up and make them for a couple of $$$.

Hilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.tshirt-total.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:52 am

Yeah, I noticed that. Many are just "opting out" ...

The problem with that plan is that a customer can still buy your stuff through the MP, and if they call it in, it's still and MP sale, and out of 3 "shop" sales I have made this month, all 3 are now "MP" sales, supposedly cause the customers changed size or color. CP has no plans or ideas how to "fix" this either.

So, bottom line, even if you do "opt out", you are still going to get a bunch of 10% MP sales. Somehow that doesn't seem right/fair.
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 12:20 pm

Yeah I knew a lot would stay, my shop is still there at the moment but I will opt out and as soon as my sales stop (selling a few twilight designs at the moment) I will close them as I cannot afford the shop fees and their greed on top.

I think CP knew a lot would still stay (after initial anger) and they loose nothing as they get their money so why should they care
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:49 pm

The Crew Designs wrote:
Yeah I knew a lot would stay, my shop is still there at the moment but I will opt out and as soon as my sales stop (selling a few twilight designs at the moment) I will close them as I cannot afford the shop fees and their greed on top.

I think CP knew a lot would still stay (after initial anger) and they loose nothing as they get their money so why should they care
I'm sure that's why they've been so quiet. I'm going to leave my shops there until May 31st. I will close them all then. That way I'm still getting sales till then, and it gives me a little time to get everything moved and settled.
Back to top Go down
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:55 am

I know what you mean, there seems to be a lot of people on the forum almost trying to justify some reasoning to stay put. I suppose it really is each to their own, but personally I don't think I could find any personal satisfaction whatsoever receiving a donot after 31st May telling me I've just made $2.50 or something on an item I know I was receving $7-8 on prior to this. Even more so if I am making $7-8 elsewhere with the exact same design.

I have already closed 1 premium and 2 basic. I have one premium that runs till 2 march next year that one I may just keep with clocks and keepsake boxes as they have been a huge seller for me, and one till July this year, that one will be gone. But who knows if I can even stomach receiving $2.80 for a keepsake box and say $3.90 for a clock, possibly not is the answer to that, I would have to be getting a mega amount of sales to even make it somewhere near palatable. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.specialeetees.com
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:08 am

Bambi's Designs wrote:
CP is giving me a hard time! I'm trying to copy all my descriptions to transfer, and every few designs, it kicks me back to the "my account" page. Any one else having issues....and NO I'm NOT filing a bug report! LOL

In answer to your original problem Bambi...I'm not even doing that in my account logged on, I've just gone to my shop and copy/paste from there, don't know if that helps. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:14 am

Specialeetees wrote:
Bambi's Designs wrote:

In answer to your original problem Bambi...I'm not even doing that in my account logged on, I've just gone to my shop and copy/paste from there, don't know if that helps. Smile

Yeah that's what I have been doing
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:41 am

Yeah, I discovered that after whining. LOL I'm working with 2 CP windows open....my media basket and my shop. It seems to go faster that way, but still so tedious!!!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:43 am

Hey I made a sale on Zazzle yesterday.... WHoooo !!!

anyone else ?
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:45 am

The Crew Designs wrote:

anyone else ?
CONGRATS!!!!!!! WHOO-HOO!!!!!! cheers

I haven't yet. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:58 am

When you put your tags on zazzle what do you use for the shirts... like to name them in tags

When I put T-Shirts - later this is just t shirts (without the little line space thingy) and looks weird.

Should I just use 'shirts' or 'Tees' or something else
Back to top Go down
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:28 am

The Crew Designs wrote:

anyone else ?

Congrats on loosing ya virginity so to speak lol cheers cheers cheers

Lost mine too, I sold 4 stickers yesterday to one customer, 1st sale...I did the happy dance!!!! Thank you whine fairy drunken
Back to top Go down
sunsetworks

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 1:33 pm

There is a quick way to download all your shop descriptions at once. Sign up at CafeToolbox (cafetoolbox.com) and create a Google Base feed for your shops. The feed contains descriptions for everything in your shop, and CafeToolbox mails you the zipped text file file. The file contains all the product names, descriptions, prices, etc. in your shop in a tab-separated file ready to import into a spreadsheet or text editor.

Becky Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else having problems getting their info?   Is anyone else having problems getting their info? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else having problems getting their info?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: Print on Deman :: CafePress -