Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

Zazzle posters prints and cards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

Zazzle posters prints and cards Vide
PostSubject: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:08 am

Has anybody any experience with any of the above? What are they like as far as print quality, paper quality etc? Oh and is there a maximum file size you can upload or size in inches?

The reason I ask so much is that I'm thinking of opening another Z gallery to try some of the artwork I have on Imagekind. Most of my file sizes are between 20-30 MB, and print on imagekind upto sizes of 40x25 inches (ish) is this too big for Z, should I scale them down???

Sorry so many questions Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.specialeetees.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:26 am

Actually those are great questions! I do posters and card to be colored and would like to know the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 10:44 am

I have started putting up some posters of my photographs. I'm using the large framed print size from CP, 2800 x 2000, and it seems to be working ok. I've put up some 15" by 15", too. I don't know the quality, but if the customer looks, they can matt and frame them, too. I put that into my description.

Laurie
Back to top Go down
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:17 am

Cool, I can easily scale some of my pieces down to that size, which will result in smaller file sizes anyway...darn this is making my to do list even longer. Rolling Eyes

I'll have a dig about over the coming days and see if I can find any of those answers,

or if a Z veteran pops in a gives us the answers, so much the better hehehe Wink
Back to top Go down
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Found a size chart for images on Z, so I've put a link to it in a post on it's own. It seems that they will take quite huge dimensions for posters and prints, and I haven't seen a mention of max file sizes in MB, so maybe there isn't one.
Back to top Go down
AuntBetsy

AuntBetsy

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:06 pm

As far as I know there isn't a maximum file size. I know some of the skateboard files are about 30M. You don't need to scale down images for prints. The size prints that are available will depend on your image size. The better you image quality the larger the print sizes that are available. You don't have to worry about dimensions either, the print is sized to your image.

Betsy
Back to top Go down
Specialeetees
Mod
Mod
Specialeetees

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 7:29 pm

Thanks AuntBetsy. It's great that I can upload them at full size/quality. I can see another gallery opening happening shortly. Wink
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 4:58 am

Yeah that's one thing I love about Zazzle and their prints. You don't have to make your prints fit like on CP. Your photo size is the print size and they will print it at the size/quality your photo will allow or smaller
Back to top Go down
https://creative-minds.forumotion.com
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:48 am

About the quality: I haven´t bought/seen any posters/prints, but I customized some greeting cards as invitations for friends and they came out wonderful - evrybody was really pleased with them.

Hilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.tshirt-total.com
happylab

happylab

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 7:53 am

I just ordered my Whimsical Labradors print -- Size: Portfolio, Media: Basic: Card Stock, Overall Size: 15.14" x 11" -- to see the quality. I didn't order the maximum size which zazzle suggested.

I'll share my impression when I receive the print. I love you
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 8:57 am

I will be anxious to hear about your print, how it looks, the packaging, if your shop is mentioned on the receipt, how long it took...

Laurie
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:28 am

Yeah I would be really interested to happylab... look forward to seeing your review. Photos would be great to if you can. Of everything, packaging etc just to get an overall feel as to what the customer sees
Back to top Go down
https://creative-minds.forumotion.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:10 pm

Hey Hilly....

You wouldn't happen to have any of those cards laying around, would you? I need to know if you could color on the front of them with crayon or colored pencil. Would it take, or would someone have to use marker?
Back to top Go down
felidae52

felidae52

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 2:15 pm

Bambi's Designs wrote:
Hey Hilly....

You wouldn't happen to have any of those cards laying around, would you? I need to know if you could color on the front of them with crayon or colored pencil. Would it take, or would someone have to use marker?

Haven´t got one laying around - we weren´t invited Laughing
The greeting cards are glossy - don´t know about the postcards ... I guess you could color them with a marker, crayon I don´t reckon.

clown Hilly
Back to top Go down
http://www.tshirt-total.com
happylab

happylab

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:47 am

I've just received the print from Zazzle!!!!!!!
I'm so excited. I'm soooo happy. flower I say it's EXCELLENT!!! It's super so much better than the one came from CP. It's the most positive change for me. I love it. I'll post the details later. I love you
Back to top Go down
happylab

happylab

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:46 am

Zazzle posters prints and cards Img2591m

Zazzle posters prints and cards Img2592m

Zazzle posters prints and cards Img2593m

Zazzle posters prints and cards Img2595m

I received these and also an invoice.

My image file size is about 4212 x 3060 pixels for 15.14" x 11" print. It's about x 1.3 larger
than the original painting. Still, it looks great!! The paper is mat. The CP's mini poster print is gloss and I prefer Zazzle's one absolutely. It depends on one's preference.
So, I'm going to set up my art print section at Zazzle and withdraw my prints from Cafe.

I live in Japan and it took 10 days till it arrived. It's normal. And also, I ordered
key-chain and mugs. They were shipped separately and I've not received them yet.

This is my report and hope it helps. Zazzle posters prints and cards 187714
Back to top Go down
Laurie

Laurie

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:51 am

That's a great print!! I'm so glad you shared what it looks like. I have photographs and I was hoping the prints would be good enough for frames.

Thanks !!! Zazzle posters prints and cards 187714
Back to top Go down
spidergod

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 5:06 am

Hello

Most of my images are rendered between 4000 x 3000 upto 6000 x 4000.

I would try to render at 8000 x 6000 but it would take between 18 and 37 hours to render and the program I am using does not have a continue render option and my pc is far too noisy to leave on overnight.

and I use them on everything apart from skateboards and shoes.

you do not need to render smaller images as zazzle automatically does it for you.

I think for skateboard designs you need to render 3000 x 9000

I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
MaxMuhlin

MaxMuhlin

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:04 am

Spidergod (thanks for your kind comments on my Zazzle Cats Shop, too!!!!)

What do you mean by "render" ?? Is that just a term you use for enlarging your fractals from "screen create" size to the larger proportion? (Love your Fractals!)

I was OK, until I got down to the line about Zazzle "automatically rendering" the images. . .

Thanks!
Ann K.
Back to top Go down
http://www.MaggieRossDogs.com
spidergod

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:11 am

MaxMuhlin wrote:
Spidergod (thanks for your kind comments on my Zazzle Cats Shop, too!!!!)

What do you mean by "render" ?? Is that just a term you use for enlarging your fractals from "screen create" size to the larger proportion? (Love your Fractals!)

I was OK, until I got down to the line about Zazzle "automatically rendering" the images. . .

Thanks!
Ann K.

Hello

Thanks for the kind words about my fractals.

rendering is the process of creating the final image from the actual design

It is the way it calculates the iterations and colours.

It takes quite a long time Sad

I really need to upgrade my pc to get a quad core.

thanks
Back to top Go down
spidergod

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:15 am

ah sorry for the confusion over the the zazzle render bit

what I meant was that if you upload an image to zazzle that is larger than the specs for the design it automatically re-sizes for that product (although I have found you still have to use fill on certain zazzle items).

in fact zazzle do advise to upload images larger than the specs as it creates sharper images.

hope that helps.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:06 am

I am a freelance artist (my "day job"), and just wanted to add in here that "rendering" a design is not usually something "done" for 2D artwork. It is done more often with 3D action/motion things like video and gaming, and then it is done with "real time" rendering so that shadows and light sources can move with with a moving object. Most modern computer programs automatically "render" a 2D design when it is saved.....and I think this is why Ann is confused.
Back to top Go down
spidergod

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 8:19 am

ah ha, yeah sorry for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zazzle posters prints and cards   Zazzle posters prints and cards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zazzle posters prints and cards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: Print on Deman :: Zazzle -