Creative Minds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creative people with creative minds just can't help making and designing and hopefully selling their work. Discuss all things related to selling your artwork.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Forum Closing

I have decided to close this forum. I initially set it up as a place
for store owners to come and talk about the CafePress changes.

I thought a problem shared is a problem halved and I think for this
purpose this forum did its job. But now I think people are settling
into their new shops and this place is not longer needed.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum.
It took me by surprise how many people joined
(although some joined and never came back *LOL* but that's just forums.

So THANK YOU and I wish you all the best of luck in the future

Creative Minds will close on Sunday Night

Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products Vide
PostSubject: Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products   Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 4:07 am

Just wanted to know peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products. Do you think its wrong and tasteless or OK

I personally grew up with MJ songs and love his music and if someone made nasty T-Shirts about his life ( I have seen some Mad ) that would be VERY wrong. But I cannot see what is wrong with making a design to celebrate his life and his talent. If the design is tasteful etc then were is the harm. Yeah you might make a few pounds/dollars but someone has to get paid somewhere down the line for the products the fans WANT to buy. Its like when Princess Diana died. You could buy all sorts of stuff and I never heard one person saying "the people making this stuff should not be making money"

The florists in London made loads of money from flowers bought and laid outside Buckingham Palace. Should they have felt bad making money on her death... No as life goes on and people will want to buy this kind of stuff. People want memorabilia to remember the person in this case Michael Jackson

I await the onslaught....... bom
Back to top Go down
https://creative-minds.forumotion.com
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products   Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:37 am

I think as long as the design is in good taste, why not. We are designers and artists...that's what we do. It is all about supply and demand.

On that note....
MJ and I were the same age...he was just a few months younger. I grew up with him in more ways than one. This has kind of hit me hard, and kind of scared me a bit as well. It really makes me rethink things in my life when people my age die. Even though I act and feel like I'm in my 20's and look pretty damn good for my age, the reality is that I no longer am a kid on the inside. UGH!

My prayers and best wishes go out to his family and loved ones.
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products   Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:48 am

Yeah exactly Bambi you are right...... but don't worry about yourself. Women don't often have heart troubles like men do......

But I know what you mean I am nearly 40 and find it hard to believe. I have had a great life so far and learnt a lot in the process so lets all enjoy the rest of it

But about the Jackson designs some people on Zazzle are really going over the top about it saying its sick etc.....

I had an abstract design on Zazzle which was like a shadow image of part of his hat and arm, could not really see it was him but I said in the description. It sold LOADS, I sold more of them yesterday in a few hours than I have EVER sold on Zazzle. That was until it got taken down, and there are still designs up there with full proper photos on them ???
Back to top Go down
Bambi's Designs
Mod
Mod
Bambi's Designs

PostSubject: Re: Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products   Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:05 am

Use class and decorum.....that's all there is to it. It goes with our jobs. Your sales showed that not everyone thinks it's sick.

Wow. Now Billy Mays dies! Damn! He was the same age. Okay....this is just wrong!!
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products   Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 11:52 am

My sales stopped when Zazzle took my designs down but left loads of others
Back to top Go down
Junkshoptees

Junkshoptees

PostSubject: Re: Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products   Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 2:51 pm

Well i was sitting here the other day feeling a deep sense of loss. So i felt the need to make a few designs dedicated to him. I didn't sit there and think of how i want to make a profit from it, it was more like doing something in his honor i guess. When i made a sale it made me smile to know that a person can have a piece of his memory with my design...weird to some maybe.

I saw the many MJ designs in the marketplace and saw one that said King of pop or pervert? I chose not to go back to the MP since because it would just anger me. I know many people have expressed how tasteless it is to make designs after a tragedy, but if that was the case then there wouldn't be memorabilia for anyone. And just as some people said, as long as it's in good taste.
Back to top Go down
The Crew Designs
Admin
The Crew Designs

PostSubject: Re: Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products   Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:16 pm

Junkshoptees wrote:
Well i was sitting here the other day feeling a deep sense of loss. So i felt the need to make a few designs dedicated to him. I didn't sit there and think of how i want to make a profit from it, it was more like doing something in his honor i guess. When i made a sale it made me smile to know that a person can have a piece of his memory with my design...weird to some maybe.

I saw the many MJ designs in the marketplace and saw one that said King of pop or pervert? I chose not to go back to the MP since because it would just anger me. I know many people have expressed how tasteless it is to make designs after a tragedy, but if that was the case then there wouldn't be memorabilia for anyone. And just as some people said, as long as it's in good taste.

Yeah exactly I have always enjoyed MJ music since being a kid growing up in the 80's and his death is a sad affair but then again I cannot help feeling that maybe he will get some peace now from his troubled life.

But as far as the sick designs go I also saw one about melting him down (plastic) and making him into lego or something and I was very ANGRY when I read that. Some people have no respect for some people..... sickening
Back to top Go down
Junkshoptees

Junkshoptees

PostSubject: Re: Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products   Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 3:50 pm

The Crew Designs wrote:
Junkshoptees wrote:

Yeah exactly I have always enjoyed MJ music since being a kid growing up in the 80's and his death is a sad affair but then again I cannot help feeling that maybe he will get some peace now from his troubled life.

But as far as the sick designs go I also saw one about melting him down (plastic) and making him into lego or something and I was very ANGRY when I read that. Some people have no respect for some people..... sickening

It is sad that it takes tragedy but he can finally be in peace...i think that too. I haven't seen that design and i sure don't want to lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products   Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peoples thoughts on making Michael Jackson products

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Minds :: General Chat :: General Chat -